The University of Queensland Publication Scheme is established under section 21 of the Right to Information Act 2009. Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available from the department. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information as part of the response to the review of Freedom of Information laws.
Accessing this Information
Where possible these documents are available free of charge for you to download. Some PDF versions of scanned documents may not be readable by accessibility devices such as screen readers. If you're having difficulty accessing any of these documents, contact us on +61 7 3365 2571 or email email@example.com and we'll provide the information in a suitable format.
Our Publication Scheme
Information is grouped and accessible through seven classes:
Our Publication Scheme does not include information of the following kinds:
- Personal information;
- Information that could affect our commercial operations;
- Information which is archived, out of date or otherwise inaccessible; or
- Information the routine release of which would be impractical or resource intensive.
Complaints and inquiries
Any inquiries about this publication scheme or complaints about the information contained in the publication scheme should be sent to the Right to Information and Privacy Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 3365 2571.
Publications Scheme section
Information about us, our structure and functions, locations and contacts.
History - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/history-of-uq
University Profile - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/university-profile
- Organisational Chart - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/docs/org-chart.pdf
- Campuses - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/campuses-and-locations
- Faculties - http://www.uq.edu.au/departments/
- Institutes - http://www.uq.edu.au/departments/
- Key Divisions - http://www.uq.edu.au/departments/
- Controlled Entities - http://www.uq.edu.au/rti/index.html?page=119076
- University of Queensland Act 1998 - http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/U/UnivOfQldA98.pdf
- University Statutes - http://www.uq.edu.au/senate/university-statutes
- Governance Structure - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/governance
Location and Contact Details
- Campuses - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/campuses-and-locations
- Contacts - http://www.uq.edu.au/contacts/
Annual Report - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/annual-reports
Online Reports: - https://www.mis.admin.uq.edu.au/ReportalSignon/loginForm.asp
Whats New ?
Under its constituting legislation, UQ has authority to establish companies that may further the University’s educational and research aims. The activities of such limited liability companies can include fundraising for and commercialisation of intellectual property developed by the University. Financial statements are prepared by each company and audited by the Queensland Audit Office. They are then consolidated with those of the University.
–– PrimEd Pty Ltd
–– Health Insitu Pty Ltd
UQ Holdings Group
–– UQ Holdings Pty Ltd
–– CiTR Pty Ltd
–– CiTR Incorporated
–– IMBcom Pty Ltd
–– IMBcom Asset Management Pty Ltd
–– Kalthera Pty Ltd
–– Cyclagen Pty Ltd
IMBcom Asset Trust
–– CCA Therapeutics Pty Ltd
JK Tech Group
–– JK Tech Pty Ltd
–– Applied Resources Economics Pty Ltd
Sarv Pty Ltd
i.lab Incubator Pty Ltd
–– UniQuest Pty Ltd
–– Activetorque Pty Ltd
–– Ausonex Pty Ltd
–– Bireme Pty Ltd
–– Coridon Pty Ltd
–– Dendright Pty Ltd
–– Diabax Pty Ltd
–– First Investor Pty Ltd
–– Herdvac Pty Ltd
–– Leximancer Pty Ltd
–– Lucia Publishing Systems Pty Ltd
–– Neurotide Pty Ltd
–– Pepfactants Pty Ltd
–– Polyvacc Pty Ltd
–– Rapisure Pty Ltd
–– Symbiosis Pty Ltd
–– UATC Pty Ltd
–– UTSAT Pty Ltd
–– UWAT Pty Ltd
–– Vacquel Pty Ltd
University of Queensland
UQ Investment Trust
–– JKTech Pty Ltd *
UniQuest Asset Trust
–– Aussie Colours Pty Ltd
–– Bilexys Pty Ltd
–– Ceramipore Pty Ltd
–– Corpison Pty Ltd
–– Dendrimed Pty Ltd
–– LanguageMap Pty Ltd
–– Lightanate Pty Ltd
–– Neo Rehab Pty Ltd
–– NuNerve Pty Ltd
–– Progel Pty Ltd
–– Tenasitech Pty Ltd
–– Xenimet Pty Ltd
–– Snoresounds Pty Ltd
UQ Sport Limited
Global Change Institute Pty Ltd
UQ Health Care Limited
UQ College Limited
*JK Tech is controlled by UQ Holdings, not the UQ Investment Trust. The UQ Investment Trust was settled on August 21, 2007, and holds a minority interest in JK Tech.
This section sets out how we make and record decisions.
The University of Queensland is governed by a 22-member Senate representing University and community interests. Senate is led by the Chancellor and Deputy Chancellor, elected by the Senate. The University of Queensland Act 1998 grants Senate wide powers to appoint staff, manage and control University affairs and property, and manage and control finances to promote the University's interests.
For more information on the Senate click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/senate/
The Vice-Chancellor is the University's chief executive officer and responsible to the Senate for the overall direction of strategic planning, finance and external affairs.
For more information on the Vice-Chancellor click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/vice-chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor is supported by an Executive to whom most of the University's organisational units report.
For more information on the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/governance
The Academic Board is the University's senior academic advisory body. The Board formulates policy on academic matters including new programs, teaching, learning and assessment, research, promotions, student academic matters, prizes and scholarships.
For more information on the Academic Board click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/academic-board/
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for co-ordinating the University's financial, physical, human, legal, management information, corporate operations, commercial activities, marketing and communications, information technology services and occupational health and safety services. The Chief Operating Officer is the key advisor to Senate on governance and other matters, acts as the University Secretary and is the Public Officer for the University.
The Chief Operating Officer also assists the Vice-Chancellor in regard to strategic planning and direction and the framework of the University's highly successful research commercialisation and technology transfer activities.
Areas under his direct management include Human Resources Division, Finance & Business Services, the Legal Office, Information Technology Services, Strategic Planning and Management Information, Corporate Operations, Occupational Health and Safety, Marketing and Communications, Protocol, Investigations, Internal Audit, Enterprise RIsk and Property & Facilities.
For more information on the Chief Operating Officer - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/index.html?page=100224
Committees are the engine rooms which drive much of the University’s policy and administrative work.
For more information on University Committees - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/committees
- Audited Financial Reports - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/annual-reports
- University Finances - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/finance
- Salary Scales - http://www.uq.edu.au/current-staff/index.html?page=11893&pid=11206
- Financial Management Practices - http://ppl.app.uq.edu.au/content/9.-financial-management-practices
- Funding and Awards - http://www.uq.edu.au/teaching-learning/index.html?page=63453
- Scholarships - http://scholarships.uq.edu.au/
- Tender opportunities through Queensland Government eTendering website - https://secure.publicworks.qld.gov.au/etender/index.do
This section contains details of lists and registers maintained by the University:
- Online verification of Qualifications - http://www.uq.edu.au/myadvisor/olvq
- Reportable Gifts - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.5_reportable_gifts.pdf
- Register of Business Interests (not available online)
- Register of Contingent Assets and Contingent Liabilities (not available online)
- Register of Prescribed Special Payments - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.4_Prescribed_Special_Payments.pdf
- Register of Legal Documents - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.6_Legal_Documents.pdf
- Register of Money forms - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.9_Money_Forms.pdf
- Disclosure Log - http://www.uq.edu.au/rti/?page=123032
- Strategic Planning - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/planning
- Annual Report - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/index.html?page=1172
- Discovery@UQ- http://www.uq.edu.au/research/research-at-uq/discovery-at-uq
- Quality Management and Assurance - http://www.uq.edu.au/quality/
- Research and Research Training Plan (UQ Access only)
- UQ Global Strategy and Internationalisation Plan - http://www.uq.edu.au/international/docs/global_strategy_and_internationalisation_at_UQ.pdf
- Engagement Plan (UQ Access only)
- Equity and Diversity Plan - http://www.uq.edu.au/equity/docs/UQ%20Equity%20and%20Diversity%20Plan.pdf
- Infrastructure and Support Plan (UQ Access only)
- Information and Communications Technology Plan (UQ Access only)
The University of Queensland provides a wide range of services locally, nationally and internationally to staff, students, and the wider community.
- Courses and Programs - http://www.uq.edu.au/study/
- Services and Facilities - http://www.uq.edu.au/services/students
- Student Centre - http://www.uq.edu.au/student-centre/
- Student Services - http://www.uq.edu.au/student-services/
- UQ Union - http:// http://www.uqunion.com.au.
- Uni Safe - http://www.uq.edu.au/unisafe/
- International Students - http://www.uq.edu.au/student-services/International+student+support
- Disability Services - http://www.uq.edu.au/myadvisor/students-with-a-disability
- Services and Facilities - http://www.uq.edu.au/services/staff
- Disability Services - http://www.uq.edu.au/equity/index.html?page=153147
For further information on the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009 , refer to the following publications:
- The University's Privacy Management Policy
- Information Privacy Act 2009
- Right to Information Act 2009
The following websites contain additional information relating to Right to Information and Privacy: