The University of Queensland Publication Scheme is established under section 21 of the Right to Information Act 2009. Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available from the department. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information as part of the response to the review of Freedom of Information laws.
Accessing this Information
Where possible these documents are available free of charge for you to download. Some PDF versions of scanned documents may not be readable by accessibility devices such as screen readers. If you're having difficulty accessing any of these documents, contact us on +61 7 3365 2571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll provide the information in a suitable format.
Our Publication Scheme
Information is grouped and accessible through seven classes:
Our Publication Scheme does not include information of the following kinds:
- Personal information;
- Information that could affect our commercial operations;
- Information which is archived, out of date or otherwise inaccessible; or
- Information the routine release of which would be impractical or resource intensive.
Complaints and inquiries
Any inquiries about this publication scheme or complaints about the information contained in the publication scheme should be sent to the Right to Information and Privacy Office on email@example.com or phone on 3365 2571.
Publications Scheme section
Information about us, our structure and functions, locations and contacts.
History - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/history-of-uq
University Profile - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/university-profile
- Organisational Chart - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/docs/org-chart.pdf
- Campuses - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/campuses-and-locations
- Faculties - http://www.uq.edu.au/departments/
- Institutes - http://www.uq.edu.au/departments/
- Key Divisions - http://www.uq.edu.au/departments/
- Controlled Entities - http://www.uq.edu.au/rti/index.html?page=119076
- University of Queensland Act 1998 - http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/U/UnivOfQldA98.pdf
- University Statutes - http://www.uq.edu.au/senate/content/legislation-and-rules
- Governance Structure - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/governance
Location and Contact Details
- Campuses - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/campuses-and-locations
- Contacts - http://www.uq.edu.au/contacts/
Annual Report - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/annual-reports
Online Reports: https://mis-xi4-web.mis.admin.uq.edu.au/BOE/BI
Whats New ?
In accordance with the University of Queensland Act 1998, the University has established controlled entities that further the University's educational and research aims.
Financial statements are prepared by each entity and and audited by the Queensland Audit Office. They are then included as part of the consolidated result in the University's annual financial statements. The University operates the following controlled entities:
UQ Holdings Group
- JKTech Pty Ltd
- UniQuest Pty Ltd
- UQ College Limited
- UQ Health Care Limited
- UQ Holdings Pty Ltd
- UQ Sport Limited
- UQH Finance Pty Ltd
University Controlled Trusts
- IMBCom Asset Trust
- UQ Foundation Trust
- UQ Investment Trust
UQ Investment Trust Group
- IMBCom Pty Ltd
- Cloevis Pty Ltd
- Dendright Pty Ltd
- Leximancer Pty Ltd
- Lucia Publishing Systems Pty Ltd
- Metallotek Pty Ltd
- Neo-Rehab Pty Ltd
- Pepfactants Pty Ltd
- Symbiosis Pty Ltd
- UWAT Pty Ltd
- SUSOP Pty Ltd
- JKTech South America SpA
- JK Africa Mining Solutions Pty Ltd
- Cyclagen Pty Ltd
- IMBCom Asset Management Company Pty Ltd
- Kalthera Pty Ltd
Other Controlled Entities
- Global Change Institute Pty Ltd
- UQ Jakarta Office Pty Ltd
This section sets out how we make and record decisions.
The University of Queensland is governed by a 22-member Senate representing University and community interests. Senate is led by the Chancellor and Deputy Chancellor, elected by the Senate. The University of Queensland Act 1998 grants Senate wide powers to appoint staff, manage and control University affairs and property, and manage and control finances to promote the University's interests.
For more information on the Senate click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/senate/
The Vice-Chancellor is the University's chief executive officer and responsible to the Senate for the overall direction of strategic planning, finance and external affairs.
For more information on the Vice-Chancellor click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/vice-chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor is supported by an Executive to whom most of the University's organisational units report.
For more information on the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/governance
The Academic Board is the University's senior academic advisory body. The Board formulates policy on academic matters including new programs, teaching, learning and assessment, research, promotions, student academic matters, prizes and scholarships.
For more information on the Academic Board click here - http://www.uq.edu.au/academic-board/
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for co-ordinating the University's financial, physical, human, legal, management information, corporate operations, commercial activities, marketing and communications, information technology services and occupational health and safety services. The Chief Operating Officer is the key advisor to Senate on governance and other matters, acts as the University Secretary and is the Public Officer for the University.
For more information on the Chief Operating Officer - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/index.html?page=100224
Committees are the engine rooms which drive much of the University’s policy and administrative work.
For more information on University Committees - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/committees
- Audited Financial Reports - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/annual-reports
- University Finances - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/finance
- Salary Scales - http://www.uq.edu.au/current-staff/index.html?page=11893&pid=11206
- Financial Management Practices - http://ppl.app.uq.edu.au/content/9.-financial-management-practices
- Funding and Awards - http://www.uq.edu.au/teaching-learning/index.html?page=63453
- Scholarships - http://scholarships.uq.edu.au/
- Tender opportunities through Queensland Government eTendering website - https://secure.publicworks.qld.gov.au/etender/index.do
This section contains details of lists and registers maintained by the University:
- Online verification of Qualifications - http://www.uq.edu.au/myadvisor/olvq
- Reportable Gifts - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.5_reportable_gifts.pdf
- Register of Business Interests (not available online)
- Register of Contingent Assets and Contingent Liabilities (not available online)
- Register of Prescribed Special Payments - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.4_Prescribed_Special_Payments.pdf
- Register of Legal Documents - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.6_Legal_Documents.pdf
- Register of Money forms - http://www.fbs.uq.edu.au/FMPM/docs/8.9_Money_Forms.pdf
- Disclosure Log - http://www.uq.edu.au/rti/?page=123032
- Information Asset Register - http://www.uq.edu.au/rti/information-asset-register
Please contact the Right to Information and Privacy Office regarding registers not available online.
- Strategic Planning - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/planning
- Annual Report - http://www.uq.edu.au/about/index.html?page=1172
- Discovery@UQ- http://www.uq.edu.au/research/research-at-uq/discovery-at-uq
- Research and Research Training Plan (UQ Access only)
- UQ Global Strategy and Internationalisation Plan - http://www.uq.edu.au/international/docs/global_strategy_and_internationalisation_at_UQ.pdf
- Engagement Plan (UQ Access only)
- Infrastructure and Support Plan (UQ Access only)
- Information and Communications Technology Plan (UQ Access only)
The University of Queensland provides a wide range of services locally, nationally and internationally to staff, students, and the wider community.
- Courses and Programs - http://www.uq.edu.au/study/
- Services and Facilities - http://www.uq.edu.au/services/students
- Student Centre - http://www.uq.edu.au/student-centre/
- Student Services - http://www.uq.edu.au/student-services/
- UQ Union - http://www.uqu.com.au/
- Uni Safe - http://www.uq.edu.au/unisafe/
- International Students - http://www.uq.edu.au/student-services/International+student+support
- Disability Services - http://www.uq.edu.au/myadvisor/students-with-a-disability
- Services and Facilities - http://www.uq.edu.au/services/staff
- Disability Services - http://www.uq.edu.au/equity/index.html?page=153147
For further information on the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009 , refer to the following publications:
- The University's Privacy Management Policy
- Information Privacy Act 2009
- Right to Information Act 2009
The following websites contain additional information relating to Right to Information and Privacy: