The UQ Graduate School administers the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Philosophy (MPhil) programs. The Graduate School's administrative responsibilities include:
- Assessing applications for admission to the reseach higher degree programs
- Assessing applications for Graduate School scholarships
- Enrolling research higher degree candidates as students on SI-net
- Activating scholarship payments following commencement of candidature
- Monitoring progression through candidature and the attainment of progression milestones
- Monitoring the integrity and timeliness of the thesis examination process.
Detailed information about the full range of activities associated with research higher degree candidature can be found on the UQ Graduate School website.