Applications for the Queensland International Fellowship Program 2010 have now closed.
About the Scheme
The objective of the Queensland International Fellowships is to strengthen the State's global knowledge alliances. The program enables Queenslanders to undertake collaborative scientific research or policy development projects at leading international institutions, government agencies and/or private sector research organisations.
In this round, priority will be given to projects that target China, India, Japan, Korea, France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, the United States of America and Canada, and are relevant to the following areas:
- Health and Food Sciences
- Renewable Energy.
However, applications that identify an opportunity to collaborate with a leading knowledge partner in another country or area not listed are also eligible for support under this program.
Fellows must spend a minimum of 12 weeks with their international host. Fellowships lasting 20 weeks or more can be split into two separate blocks.
Up to A$44,000 will be awarded per fellowship. The amount depends on the project duration and covers:
- return economy airfare(s) for the Fellow (maximum of A$5,000), and
- a weekly contribution of A$1,000 towards the fellow's cost of living for the duration of the fellowship.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation website. Contact International Collaborations on 07 3405 5620 or email email@example.com for further information.
A list of projects funded in 2009 is available on the DEEDI Queensland International Fellows 2009 website.
How to Apply: Instructions for UQ Applicants
- Check your eligibility. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, with your principal place of residence in Queensland.
- Obtain a Letter of Approval from your proposed host institution.
- Request a Letter of Endorsement from your School/Centre/Institute.
- Ask your referees to send their Referee's Reports directly to DEEDI.
- Email your completed application form and electronic supporting documents to RRTD (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30 November 2009.
- Submit a hard copy of a signed Applicant Details and Authorisation page (application page 2) and any hard copy supporting documents to RRTD by 30 November 2009.
- Submit a completed UQ Funding Application Coversheet to RRTD by 30 November 2009.
RRTD will arrange an institutional signature and submit your application to DEEDI. Please contact Taina Lloyd (email@example.com or extension 67295) if you require any further information.