About the Scheme
The Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE) has now opened the funding call for the next round of the Australia Japan Emerging Researchers Exchange Program (ERLEP).
The Exchange Program is an important international collaborative linkages program, with the aim to establish individual and institutional Science and Technology (S&T) research linkages between Australia and Japan. The scheme is targeted at mid-career researchers of both countries, who are emerging leaders in the S&T community.
The next round of this exchange will allow for eight Australian emerging leaders in the following S&T fields to travel to Japan from Monday 4 March to Friday 15 March 2013.
Priority Topic Areas for 2013 Exchange:
- Health and Technology
- Nanotechnology and New Materials
ATSE will only accept one application per priority topic area per eligible organisation (for a maximum total of 3 applications per eligible organisation).
Internal (UQ R&I) deadline: Monday 6 August 2012 - 5.00pm.
External (ATSE) deadline: Monday 20 August 2012 - 9.00am
- The researcher must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen.
- The applicant must be an outstanding mid-career researcher (under 45 years of age), showing the potential to be a future leader with their research established but international linkages in need of further development.
- The researcher must be employed in an Australian research institute including universities, public-funded research organisations, and R&D intensive industry.
How to Apply
Please note that as per the program’s specifications, UQ can only submit one application per priority topic area. As there is a limit on the number of applications the university may submit, an earlier internal deadline has been set for applications. Please note the internal deadline for full applications to be submitted to UQ Research and Innovation is 5:00pm on Monday 6 August 2012. If there is more interest than the number of applications permits, the DVC(R) will make a strategic decision as to which should go forward.
- UQ Funding Application Coversheet;
- Full Application including Nominator report form using the template provided below; and
- Brief CV (3-4 pages) including detail on five of the Applicant’s most relevant publications
Please refer to the Application Form above for full program details.
Applications received to ATSE will then be assessed on merit basis by an ATSE Assessment panel. The external deadline for application to be received to ATSE is before 9.00am Monday 20 August 2012.