UQ Early Career Researcher (ECR) Grants Scheme
Round Status: Closed
- to encourage research by new members of staff;
- to provide limited seed funding as a means of generating external research support; and
- to support, on a competitive basis, high quality research projects of modest financial cost from early career researchers.
The following are the key round dates for UQ Early Career Researcher grants for funding commencing in 2017:
- Round opens (scheme documentation released): 4 August 2016
- Full applications to UQR&I: 5:00pm 12 October 2016
Step 1: Join the UQR&I Mailing List. Official announcements and UQR&I updates regarding the scheme will be sent via the Mailing List.
- Step 2: Familiarise yourself with the key UQ documentation (see below).
- Step 3: After familiarising yourself with the eligibility and selection criteria, click on the link below t6o access UQR&I Online Forms and begin completing your proposal.
- Step 4: Submit your completed and validated Application Form to the School/Centre/Institute, via the UQR&I Online Forms system.
To create an application, navigate to the UQR&I Online Forms Log in page; www.uq.edu.au/research/webforms
Log in and navigate to the ‘Home’ page. Use the ‘New Form’ link on the left of the screen to create a new application.
Select ‘UQ Early Career Research Grants 2017’ as the application form type, then begin completing your proposal.
- Complete sections A to E, including any PDF uploads (using the templates below) as required.
- Once complete, the Application Form should be validated and submitted to the School/Centre/Institute within the system.
Scheme documentation for UQ Early Career Researcher Grants Scheme for funding commencing in 2017:
- 2017 UQ ECR Guidelines
- 2017 UQ ECR Conditions of Award
- 2017 UQ ECR Sample Application Form
- 2017 UQ ECR Application Form (UQR&I Online Forms)
- 2017 UQ ECR Overview of Assessment Process
- 2017 UQ ECR Template Career Interruption
- 2017 UQ ECR Template Curriculum Vitae
- 2017 UQ ECR Template Research Plan
- 2017 UQ ECR Assessor Report Form
UQ ECR Final Report Form (Post-award resource)
To assist UQ researchers in preparing their UQ Early Career Researcher (ECR) applications for funding commencing in 2017, UQR&I will host an Information Session, as follows:
- Date: Monday, 15 August 2016
- Time: 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- St Lucia Venue: Senate Room, Brain Wilson Chancellery (#61A)
- Herston Venue (live stream): Room 416, Mayne Medical School (#0881)
- Gatton Venue (live stream): Room 119, Management Studies Building (#8117)
For a copy of the presentation, please access our Workshop Presentations page.