Open Day to Showcase Pharmacy
The School of Pharmacy is hosting its 3rd Annual Open Day for secondary school students, parents, teachers and guidance officers on Sunday 19 August, 2012.
The event, to be held at PACE, will allow students to get a taste of what studying a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree at UQ is like.
High school students years 9 - 12, mature aged students, parents, guardians and career advisors are invited along to take part in a series of activities which will include:
- Seminars detailing entry requirements and what's involved in study
- Tours of the PACE precinct
- Practical exercises in a real teaching lab
- Dispensing and patient counseling exercises
- Meet and greet with current students
- Free BBQ lunch
The event will run from 10:00am to 1:00pm, followed by a BBQ lunch with our staff and current students. Free parking is available in our covered car park.
Registration for the event is essential.
For further information and to register, please visit www.uq.edu.au/pharmacy/openday prior to 15 August.