Dr Adam La Caze
Room 4030, Level 4, Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence
Phone: +61 7-334-61985; Fax: +61 7-334-61999
Adam La Caze rejoined the School in 2009 after completing his PhD in philosophy at The University of Sydney. Adam’s research examines philosophical questions that arise in health care.
Previously, Adam was an Associate Lecturer in the School. He has also worked as a hospital and community pharmacist and managed a program that delivered Quality Use of Medicines education to rural and remote health care professionals.
Adam’s research interests focus on the philosophy of science, philosophy of medicine, and applied ethics.
For further information, including information on research supervision, see http://alacaze.net.
- La Caze A. Why randomised interventional studies. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy (In Press).
- La Caze A, Gujral G, Cottrell WN. (2012). Adherence and Beliefs. Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research, 42(1):6–7.
- La Caze A, Djulbegovic B, Senn S. (2012). What does randomisation acheive? Evidence-based Medicine, 17:1–2.
- La Caze A. (2011). The role of basic science in evidence-based medicine. Biology and Philosophy, 26 (1): 81–98.
- La Caze A and Duffull S. (2011). Estimating risk from underpowered, but statistically significant, studies: was APPROVe on TARGET? Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics (online first).
- La Caze A. (2009). Evidence-based medicine must be…. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy, 34: 509–527.
- La Caze A. (2008). Evidence-based medicine can’t be…. Social Epistemology, 22(4):353–370.
- La Caze A. (2008). A problem for achieving informed consent. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics, 29:255–265.
- Tio J, La Caze A, and Cottrell N. (2007). Ascertaining consumer perspectives of medication information sources using a modified repertory grid technique. Pharmacy World Science, 29:73–80.
- La Caze A. (2005). Does pharmacogenomics provide an ethical challenge to the utilisation of cost-effectiveness analysis by public health systems? Pharmacoeconomics, 23(5):445–447.
- Fiori S, Souzani S, D’Amore R, Behan K, Cutts C, and La Caze A. (2005). Support needs of supply nurses in rural and remote Queensland. Australian Journal of Rural Health, 13:10–13.
- Cutts C, La Caze A, and Tett S. (2003). Variations in demographics and risk factors of patient populations prescribed cyclo-oxygenase-2 selective and non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research, 33(1):70–73.
- Cutts C, La Caze A, and Tett S. (2002). A clinical audit of the prescribing of celecoxib and rofecoxib in Australian rural general practice. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 54:522–527.
- Cutts C and La Caze A. (2002). Using clinical audit to identify and change high-risk NSAID prescribing. Australian Family Physician, 54:522–527.
- La Caze A. (2010). Review of Mayo DG, Spanos A (eds), Error and Inference CUP, 2010. Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 29.7.2010.
- La Caze A. (2006). Probabilities all the way down [Review of R. Jeffrey, Subjective Probability: The Real Thing.Metascience, 15:547–551.