Contact Winter 2016 edition out now
The Winter 2016 edition of Contact magazine has been released this week. Read an insightful Q&A with Australia’s Most Influential Woman, UQ alumna, Ann Sherry AO, discover the history of UQ’s School of Medicine as it celebrates its 80th anniversary, meet the alumni helping disabled people experience the thrill of surfing, and much more.
We have also released a new-look app for mobile devices, which includes all articles as well as exclusive online content, videos, photo galleries and book extracts. Don’t forget to visit the website, which features articles, the donor honour roll and links to other UQ alumni publications.
To order copies or boxes of the magazine, or get promotional copy and images for your communications channels, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing and Communications Forum
Members of The Network are reminded of the upcoming Marketing and Communications Forum to be held on Thursday 26 May from 10am–11am in the Senate Room, Brian Wilson Chancellery.
A morning tea will be provided in the foyer at 11am. This is a great opportunity to meet and chat with fellow marcomms staff you may have only liaised with over email.
Borrow UQ branded items
Having a strong visual presence at an event, seminar or conference is a great way to get the attention of attendees and bring to life the UQ brand. Staff have the option to borrow a number of UQ branded items from OMC for use at both on and off campus events, including:
- pull-up banners (generic and study area specific)
- wing banners.
OMC has recently updated the suite of pull-up banners to incorporate elements from the new "Create change" brand platform. "Create change" branded tablecloths are also in production, and should be available for staff to borrow in the next month.
Staff can view and book all of the available items for hire using the online booking form. OMC does not have items such as chairs, marquees or trestle tables available for staff to borrow. However, OMC does have relationships with a several suppliers, which staff can view on the OMC website.
For more information about borrowing any of the UQ branded items, please email email@example.com.
Call for stories
Does your faculty, school or area have a great story that our alumni network, the wider community or the world should know about?
OMC produces a number of publications and we are always looking for exciting, interesting, and timely new stories to cover. We welcome suggestions all year round for the following publications:
- UQ’s alumni magazine, published twice a year in May and November
- Print version distributed domestically and internationally to more than 160,000 alumni, staff and community members
- Interactive online and app versions available; great for videos, photo galleries and other multimedia content
- Stories should be of interest to alumni – this could include successful or interesting alumni careers or initiatives; changes that are happening to buildings, groups or programs around campus; interesting events or functions; or other items related to UQ that may be nostalgic or interesting to past students.
- UQ’s magazine for investors in change, published annually in July
- Print version distributed domestically and internationally to more than 7000 key industry, government and institutional stakeholders
- Interactive online version available; great for videos, photo galleries and other multimedia content
- Stories should focus on ways that UQ is creating meaningful positive change in the world.
At the moment, we are seeking any story suggestions for the next edition of Contact (publishing in November 2016).
Send all suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events and Training
Corrupt Conduct and Public Interest Disclosures 26 May, Room 418, Building 887, Herston
Video Production Workshop 2 June, Room 202A, Learning Innovation Building
Computer Workstation Assessments 2 June, Room 202, Learning Innovation Building
New Green Labs Representatives 9 June, Room 202, Learning Innovation Building
Adobe Acrobat Pro - Essentials 14 June, eZone 1, Hawken Engineering Building
Presentation Skills 15 June, Room 202, Learning Innovation Building
Checkbox survey tool 15 June, Room 202A, Learning Innovation Building
Marketing and Communications at UQ 23 June, Room 202, Learning Innovation Building
Representing UQ at Open Day, TSXPO and events 29 June, Room 202, Learning Innovation Building
Blogger Marketing 21 June 2016, Networx Events
OMC Communications Team April highlights
View the report which provides an overview of statistics on UQ's press, broadcast and online media coverage throughout April 2016.
New Staff Appointments
Read details here
A Simple Guide to Writing a Memorable Speech Hubspot
Readers First UMAGAZINOLOGY
How to Train Your Brain to Write More Concisely: 6 Creative Exercises to Try Hubspot
Social Media Marketing in China for Student Recruitment Higher Education Marketing