We manage a number of corporate social media accounts for the university. Each platform has its own intended purpose and audience and is used to support the university’s marketing and communications objectives. OMC may be able to provide some advice to UQ staff on using social media within your area.
- YouTube - UQ’s YouTube account provides a forum to share a range of video content that showcases the University to prospective students and the community. Most videos added to this channel are produced by OMC. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Facebook - We manage the UQ Facebook page which is used to showcase the many advantages of studying at UQ, along with promoting key events and news items. If you have any questions about UQ’s Facebook page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to submit content for the Facebook page, please use this form. Download a copy of the OMC Social Media Guide. While this guide does provide an overview of how all Social Media accounts should be approached, it is primarily applicable to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Instagram - We manage the UQ Instagram account which is used to visually showcase the University, along with promoting key events and news items. If you have any questions about UQ’s Instagram account, please email email@example.com.
- Twitter - The @UQ_News Twitter account is used primarily as a tool to distribute information about UQ news and events. If you have any questions about the @UQ_News Twitter account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Download a copy of the OMC Social Media Guide.
- Flickr - The UQ Flickr account is used to create slideshows to embed into news articles and other stories.
- LinkedIn - The UQ LinkedIn account is run by UQ Advancement. If you have any questions about this account or would like to submit content please email email@example.com.