We provide a complete event management service for key corporate University functions and events.
Our event staff are involved in all aspects of planning and managing events from developing the event concept and brief, identifying relevant target audiences, objectives and aims along with engaging with internal and external suppliers and conducting post-event analysis in order to gain feedback helping to inform future events and activities.Events staff also work in conjunction with other teams in OMC to ensure events are supported by appropriate marketing and communications activities including advertising campaigns.
Key OMC events:
- St Lucia Open Day - First Sunday in August each year
- Careers that shape the world - July each year
- Postgraduate Advice Night - September each year
- OP Results Advice Night - December each year
Other key dates are available here.
Events not organised by OMC
- UQ School Liaison activities including TSXPO, click here for contacts
- Careers Fair, click here to contact
- Orientation Week and Market Day organised by the Student Centre, click here for contacts
Protocol is responsible for overseeing events and visits by Regal, Vice-Regal, Federal and State Ministers, members of Diplomatic corps and foreign government dignitaries. Protocol also manages events and visits by other VIPs such as Presidents of International educational and research institutions who call upon the Vice-Chancellor.
For more information about OMC event management services including Protocol, key student recruitment events and tools and resources, visit the Events and Protocol section of the OMC website.