Digital and website banner advertising
OMC offers UQ areas and departments the opportunity to book advertising space on UQ websites and digital signage to help promote key events and activities. Further information on the spaces available and guidelines for usage is included below.
- Digital entrance banners
- UQ homepage banners
- UQ Events banner
- my.UQ Student page spotlights
If your area would be interested in booking any of these spaces, please review the guidelines below to determine suitability and then complete the online booking form at least 10 days prior to when you would like the banner to appear. OMC will review your booking request and respond within 2-3 business days.
All requests are subject to availability and must comply with guidelines. If you have any questions about booking web or digital banners, please contact the OMC Marketing team by email email@example.com or phone x51934.
Two digital entrance banners are installed on Sir Fred Schonell Drive and Coldridge Street at UQ's St Lucia campus. UQ areas are able to book these spaces to advertise their events and activities free of charge.
Purpose of signage:
- To promote official and semi-official University functions and events
- Display corporate messages
- Promote campus activities including sports and cultural activities
- Content for digital signage banners must be of interest to both UQ students and staff
- Artwork: OMC can assist with the creation of artwork or alternatively specifications can be provided if your area has in-house design capabilities. The system supports standard and animated .gif files.
Requests for welcome messages will be considered but they must be in line with the guidelines below:
- Welcome messages are permitted for large groups that may be of interest to a broader UQ audience.
- Welcome messages to individuals and small groups will only be approved if the visit is from a VIP; or the request comes from the Senior Executive.
- Can be useful for staff and students to know why there are large groups around campus
- Welcome messages will be one of up to 7 other signs so it is unlikely that the named individual or small group will see the message when only 2-3 signs maximum are seen as you drive past
We ask that bookings are made at least 10 days prior to when you would like the sign to appear to allow for scheduling and content creation.
- Artwork and text requirements are detailed here
- If your request is in line with the above guidelines, complete our online booking request form
- OMC will review your request and the booking schedule and send an email to confirm your booking
- If you will be supplying artwork, this should be supplied 2-3 business days before it is due to appear.
As the first point of contact for visitors to the University, it is important that the UQ homepage strongly reflects the UQ brand and corporate identity. Homepage banners are primarily used to promote key stories, events and initiatives that showcase the University’s brand positioning of ‘Create Change’, and also support UQ’s strategic plan, including the vision of ‘Knowledge leadership for a better world’.
- Relevant to multiple audiences (both internal - staff and students and external - prospective students, alumni and the community)
- Banners reinforce the UQ brand and enhances UQ's reputation as a world-class university and destination of choice for prospective students and staff
- Highlights achievements and initiatives of the university as a whole
- Must have a link to a web page within the UQ domain (ie. uq.edu.au)
- Space on the homepage is limited, and as such, priorities are based on the size and breadth of the intended audience and support of university goals
OMC will make the final decision on banner appearance and dates and any requests that do not meet the above guidelines will not be approved.
To request a homepage banner, please complete our online booking form at least 10 working days prior to when you would like the banner to appear to allow for scheduling and content creation. OMC will review your request and the booking schedule and send an email to confirm your booking.
Please note that we are unable to book a homepage spotlight and homepage banner to run simultaneously for the same event/activity.
UQ Events is used to promote events to the UQ community. In addition to the standard listing on UQ events, a banner is available to further promote key events and activities. These events should be open to UQ staff, students and the wider public.
Guidelines for UQ Events banner
- Relevant to multiple audiences
- Event open for people to register and/or attend. No closed invitation events will be promoted as banners.
- Event must be listed on UQ Events website
To request a UQ Events banner, please complete our online booking form at least 10 working days prior to when you would like the banner to appear to allow for scheduling and content creation. OMC will review your request and the booking schedule and send an email to confirm your booking.
The my.UQ student page acts as a portal to information and websites important to current students (eg. mySI-net and student email). Students access this site on a regular basis so it can be a great way to promote events and activities to current students.
- Must be relevant to all current students
- Must have a web page to link to further information
- Example of type of spotlights:
- Informational (primarily Academic Services messaging)
- Demonstrate UQ Advantage (eg. Office of Undergraduate Education, UQ Sport, Concurrent Diplomas)
- Promote key events such as Careers Fair, Orientation Week
To request a my.UQ student spotlight, please complete our online booking form at least 10 days prior to when you would like the sign to appear to allow for scheduling and content creation. OMC will review your request and the booking schedule and send an email to confirm your booking. Please note: this spotlight may have limited availability throughout the year as it is primarily used to communicate important academic messages to students.