Application & Insurance

Travel and Safety Plan

Safety Guidelines

Safety Training

UQSafe - Risk

Safety Resources

The safety equipment you require will depend on the circumstances of your travel and work activities. Examples of the types of items you may require include,

  • First Aid Kit
  • Snake Bite Kit
  • Sunscreen & Insect repellent
  • Mobile Phone + car antenna
  • UHF Radio
  • Satellite Phone
  • Distress Beacon (PLB)
  • Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment (PPE)

The OHS Division have some of these items available for hire. Please contact the OHS Division if you would like to hire safety and emergency equipment for your travel or field work,

Working Outdoors - have you considered the following?

Pregnant?  Health Concerns?

e.g. immunodeficient, recovering from illness, severe asthmatics etc

  • You may be at higher risk from exposure to certain conditions, chemicals, biologicals and other hazards.
  • Check your risk assessment and discuss with your Supervisor, Safety Officer and health care provider.

Working Overseas

  • Do you require vaccines or malaria medication?
  • Visit your own doctor, or the UQ Health Service for medical advice.
  • Review the Australian Government Travel Advice for the Destination Country.
  • Register with the Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade via Smart Traveller.
  • What are the OHS Regulations for the site you are visiting?