Travel & Field work
Application & Insurance
Diving Safety Manual (UQ)
- Driving - General Safety (Qld Gov)
- Driving - Driver Fatigue (Qld Gov)
- Driving - Safe Towing (Qld Gov)
Fieldwork and Work Off-Campus Safety Guideline (UQ PPL 2.30.09)
- Fieldwork & Work Off-Campus Safety Plan (UQ - sample template)
Immunisation Guidelines (UQ PPL 2.60.08)
Risk Management Database
The safety equipment you require will depend on the circumstances of your travel and work activities. Examples of the types of items you may require include,
- First Aid Kit
- Snake Bite Kit
- Sunscreen & Insect repellent
- Mobile Phone + car antenna
- UHF Radio
- Satellite Phone
- Distress Beacon (PLB)
- Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment (PPE)
The OH&S Division have some of these items available for hire. Please contact the OH&S Division if you would like to hire safety and emergency equipment for your travel or field work,
- Office Manager: Email: Kylie Middleton Phone: 336 52365
Working Outdoors - have you considered the following?
Dehydration, Sunburn & Heat Stress - ** Safety Alert - Heat stress in outdoor workers **
Snakes - Qld Health
Ticks and biting insects - Qld Health
Allergies? To plants and/or insects (eg. ticks, sandflies)
Poisonous plants - Qld Health
Tetanus - QLD Health
Fungal infections, Heat Rashes etc in hot, humid environments
Melioidosis - Qld Health Notice
Pregnant? Health Concerns?
e.g. immunodeficient, recovering from illness, severe asthmatics etc
- You may be at higher risk from exposure to certain conditions, chemicals, biologicals and other hazards.
- Check your risk assessment and discuss with your Supervisor, Safety Officer and health care provider.
Do you require vaccines or malaria medication?
Visit your own doctor, or the UQ Health Service for medical advice.
Review the Australian Government Travel Advice for the Destination Country.
Register with the Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade via Smart Traveller.
What are the OH&S Regulations for the site you are visiting?