ANNUAL biosafety update
This year the emphasis was on quarantine changes.
Legislation is currently under reveiw and the new Biosecurity Bill is soon to be approved by Parliament and will replace the Quarantine Act (1908).
DAFF-Biosecurity (Dept of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries - Federal) has replaced AQIS (Australian Quarantine Inspection Service).
Inspections for Quarantine Approved Premises have changed, and there are other changes on the horizon which will affect anyone wishing to import biological material, this includes researchers and visitors to UQ and does include food-stuffs and personal biological material as well as that intended for research.
ALL SESSIONS FOR 2013 HAVE BEEN PRESENTED
COPY OF 2013 BIOSAFETY UPDATE SESSION SLIDES
- UQ Performance in Biosafety Compliance (Professor Mick McManus)
- Compliance Audit
- Introduction to the new online Biosafety Training
- Changes in Gene Technology Legislation and Guidelines
- Major amendments to the Gene Technology Act and Regulations
- Release of new Transport, Storage and Disposal Guidelines
- Requirements issued by the OGTR on storage records
ALL SESSIONS FOR 2012 HAVE BEEN PRESENTED
CLICK HERE FOR A COPY OF THE 2012 PRESENTATION HANDOUTS