Published: 14 September 2012
UQ Gatton students have a ball
A record number of University of Queensland Gatton students enjoyed a night of dancing and dining at the Lockyer Valley Cultural Centre for the annual Black Tie Ball.
Over 170 students attended the annual Black Tie Ball organised by the UQ Gatton Student Association which was held last week.
First year Bachelor of Applied Science student Kitty Emerson enjoyed getting to know more of the students on campus.
“The night was fantastic!” Ms Emerson said.
“The dessert was so delicious it was hard not to steal my neighbors when he got up to dance.”
“The highlight of the night for me was feeling so welcome with a group of my peers that I had only met five weeks ago and enjoying such a lovely event,” she said.
The role of the Gatton Student Association is to provide social, cultural and sporting events for UQ Gatton students throughout the year.
Translate This Story
- UQ to share potential for rare earth minerals at symposium
- Public lecture explores critical approaches to interpreting contemporary art
- Pregnant bellies: updating the tape measure technique
- UQ photography competition draws entries from around the world
- 'Closing the gap' for people with mental illness
- Cell therapy to fight skin cancer
- UQ law students celebrate academic excellence
- More Latest News
Enter your email address to subscribe.