Published: 15 June 2012
UQ students invited to train with Australian Sevens
After impressing the Australian Sevens coach, two students from the UQ Rugby Academy have been invited to a training session with the team.
Conor Mitchell and Nick Malouf have been invited by Australian Sevens coach Michael O'Connor to team training at Ballymore, the home of Queensland Rugby Union, on June 20.
Mitchell and Malouf are both members of UQ's Rugby Academy with Malouf achieving success in last year's Premier Colts team.
“I'm really excited about it, a little nervous but really excited,” Mitchell said. “It's a great pathway.
“I want to get into Super Rugby and hopefully test rugby at some stage but I love the format of Sevens.
“I certainly want to learn. I'm a bit inexperienced but ready to learn from the others.”
Mitchell said the academy helped polish his skills.
“Dave (Enfantie) and Macka (Cameron McIntosh) have really helped improve my skills even with the minor things.”
Media: Josh Dutton, UQ Rugby Football Club (email@example.com or 0434 982 163)
Translate This Story
- Bridgeworks to affect two Sunday bus services
- UQ celebrates Indonesian citizen journalism leader
- Depression linked to almost doubled stroke risk in middle-aged women
- Brisbane lawyer named 2012 UQ Law Mentor of the Year
- Park ranger gig might be UQ alumnus' 'best job ever'
- UQ scientist wins top prize for battling disease
- Diversity Week gets under way
- More Latest News
Enter your email address to subscribe.