Published: 14 September 2012
UQ Gatton students have a ball
A record number of University of Queensland Gatton students enjoyed a night of dancing and dining at the Lockyer Valley Cultural Centre for the annual Black Tie Ball.
Over 170 students attended the annual Black Tie Ball organised by the UQ Gatton Student Association which was held last week.
First year Bachelor of Applied Science student Kitty Emerson enjoyed getting to know more of the students on campus.
“The night was fantastic!” Ms Emerson said.
“The dessert was so delicious it was hard not to steal my neighbors when he got up to dance.”
“The highlight of the night for me was feeling so welcome with a group of my peers that I had only met five weeks ago and enjoying such a lovely event,” she said.
The role of the Gatton Student Association is to provide social, cultural and sporting events for UQ Gatton students throughout the year.
Translate This Story
- UQ locks in occupancy on Indooroopilly bushland property
- World-class aphasia program gives stroke survivors a lift
- Ground-breaking Australian study benchmarks biofuel pricing
- UQ to host International Student Friendship Ceremony
- UQ joins the world's elite to enhance global access to its teaching and research expertise
- Passion, murder and intrigue all part of UQ play
- UQ Rugby prepares for heritage round
- More Latest News
Enter your email address to subscribe.