The University of Queensland Homepage
Go to the myAdvisor Homepage You are at the myAdvisor website

 Credit for previous study

Current UQ students who change programs within UQ may be able to receive credit for study already completed in their original program. UQ students can find information about the process of changing from one UQ program to another on the Changing or adding a program page.

Because of the volume of requests for credit at the beginning of each semester, you should submit your application as early as possible and be sure that the application is complete.

  • If you are changing from one UQ program to another, and have lodged your request on mySI-net, you can indicate if you wish to seek credit and it will automatically be assessed as soon as possible after the processing of your enrolment.

  • If you are changing from one UQ program to another, and have lodged your request through QTAC, you will need to apply to your faculty* for credit. Further information and an application form are available online (pdf).

*Faculty and school contact details can be found on the Importance of faculties pages.

Application  assessment 
Your faculty or school will assess your eligibility for credit. You can check the outcome by viewing your Studies Report in mySI-net. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can seek a review of the application with the Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning) in your faculty or head of school in the Faculty of Health Sciences.

Further information
The University has a credit transfer policy in the UQ Policies and Procedures Library (Policy number: 3.50.03).

Future students
Students wanting to credit study undertaken at another tertiary institution should refer to the Credit for previous studies page on the Future students website.

Credit Precedent Database
The credit precedent database will enable students to search the credit precedents established for courses and programs previously assessed for credit by UQ