|Applying for deferred examinations|
|Grounds for applying for deferred examinations|
Please note: It is not possible to defer an already deferred examination. You should contact your faculty or school to discuss what other options might be available if you do not sit a scheduled deferred examination.
How to apply for a deferred examination
Click here for more information on applying for deferred examinations, and here for details of acceptable and unacceptable grounds for applying for deferred examinations.
When are deferred examinations held?
Deferred examinations are held:
- in July following first semester exams;
- in December following second semester exams; and
- in March following summer semester exams.
Results in deferred examinations
Deferred examination results are finalised for:
- semester 1 deferred examinations, within ten (10) calendar days of the examination date
- semester 2 deferred examinations, within twenty-one (21) calendar days of the examination date
- summer semester deferred examinations, within ten (10) calendar days of the examination date
Deferred examination results are entered on mySI-net after being confirmed with the appropriate faculty administration.
Results are graded from one to seven. For details of the grades and their descriptors, see the UQ Grading System policy in the UQ Policy anbd Procedures Library.