If you are new to UQ please go to the Starting at UQ website to find out how to complete your enrolment.
Continuing students must enrol in each semester by the due date. Penalties may apply to late enrolment. You should enrol in both semesters at once if you intend to study for a full academic year.
Students who wish to interrupt their studies should consult their program rules.
Enrolment procedures for:
- Continuing students enrolled in the previous year. You can enrol online using mySI-net via my.UQ. If you experience difficulties, contact your faculty or school (in the case of the Faculty of Health Sciences).
- Continuing students not enrolled in the previous year. You will have to contact your faculty or school (in the case of the Faculty of Health Sciences) to advise them of your intention to return to studies.
- Cross-institutional students. Your application should be submitted to the relevant UQ faculty office. If approved, you will be notified in writing. A username and password will be posted to you so you can enrol online using mySI-net via my.UQ.
- Postgraduate coursework students are required to abide by all enrolment due dates and are subject to the same enrolment policies and procedures applying to undergraduate students. (For Summer semester dates, please refer to the Summer semester important dates page.) The UQ Graduate School was established to cater specifically to the needs of a growing community of postgraduate research students and can assist you with enrolment procedures.
- Research higher degree students follow the enrolment procedures as set out on the Graduate School website.
The University's enrolment procedure is completely electronic, and all students are required to enrol using mySI-net via my.UQ. If you cannot access my.UQ to enrol, especially if you live in a remote area, you can telephone 07 3381 1011 during business hours to have an enrolment form posted to you. Please only use this number if you do not have access to the Internet.
The Starting at UQ website includes detailed information on how to complete your enrolment at UQ.
A standard semester workload is 8 units (#8)*. Full-time enrolment is 6 units (#6) or more per semester.
*Not valid for dual degrees commenced prior to 2001.
If you have forgotten, or are experiencing problems with your username or password, please contact Information Technology Services (ITS):
- Telephone: 07 3365 6000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org