The University has a wide range of policies and rules that determine its operations.
Key policies affecting students are the:
- Teaching and learning policies
- Research and postgraduate study policies
- Student Charter (link to UQ Policy and Procedures Library)
- The University of Queensland Student Charter (PDF)
Key rules affecting students are the:
General Award Rules (2013 GARs) (PDF)
General Award Rules (2012 GARs) (PDF)
General Award Rules (2011 GARs) (PDF)
General Award Rules (2010 GARs) (PDF)
General Award Rules (2009 GARs) (PDF)
Please note that the General Award Rules must be read in conjunction with program specific rules
- Interpretation Rules;
- Program specific rules – Each program (i.e. degree) may have its own special rules.
Use the courses and programs website to find the program you want. Read the program description and you’ll find a link to any special rules for that program.
- Updates - Rules and rule amendments approved by Senate