Your award certificate (also called testamur or degree certificate) is a valuable document. To protect against fraudulent use of certificates, copies cannot be issued, except when the original has been permanently lost or destroyed.
To replace a lost or destroyed certificate, you can download a Request for Replacement Award Certificate form (PDF) or in print from any Student Centre. Complete your credit card details, or include a cheque or money order made payable to The University of Queensland, and mail it to:
Level 2, JD Story Building
The University of Queensland QLD 4072
You must also include:
- a Statutory Declaration, signed by a Commissioner for Declarations or Justice of the Peace, detailing what happened to the original certificate (e.g. lost/stolen/destroyed). If you are applying overseas, Australian law defines a statutory declaration as a written statement declared to be true in the presence of an authorised witness, so an equivalent statement would be appropriate. The Statutory Declaration must state the full reason for your request for a replacement. If you cannot state with absolute certainty that your testamur is permanently lost, you should include the statement "Should the original testamur issued to me by The University of Queensland be returned to my possession, I will return the replacement to the University".
- payment for replacement certificate. Replacement certificates cost $50 plus postage and this can be paid via credit card, cheque or money order.
- full name at the time the degree was awarded.
- the date of the award.
Please note that:
- Faxed and emailed requests cannot be accepted as Student Progression staff need to sight the original Statutory Declaration.
- Replacement certificates will be issued in the current style.
- Applications take a minimum of 10 business days to process. In July and December applications will take up to 15 business days.
- If 10 days have elapsed and you need to check the progress of your application, please email email@example.com or telephone (07) 3365 9194. International students should telephone +61 7 3365 9194.