The University of Queensland Homepage
Go to the myAdvisor Homepage You are at the myAdvisor website

 UQ student ID cards

More Information
ID Card Sessions
More Information
Tertiary Transport Concession fares

New cards

All students require photographic identification (for example, driver's licence or passport) to obtain an ID card.

Your Student ID Card is proof of your enrolment. It enables you to borrow books from University libraries and is compulsory identification for attendance during examinations. All ID cards must be signed on collection.

See the Policies and Procedures Library for student requirements.

Your Student ID Card reflects the information you submit the first time you enrol. It is valid for the length of your program, so ensure you have entered the following information correctly:

  • your expected graduation semester 
  • your planned academic load [full-time or part-time attendance]

New undergraduate and postgraduate students in first semester

(except MBBS students - see below)

Your ID Card can be obtained one working day after you enrol via mySI-net. To get your card you will need to have your photograph taken at one of the ID card sessions

New international students should bring their offer letter plus some form of photographic identification (for example, driver's licence or passport).

MBBS students

  • Year 1 students (at St Lucia)
    Student ID and hospital cards will be organised and processed during MBBS orientation.
  • Hospital ID Stickers 
    Hospital ID year stickers for continuing MBBS students can be obtained at the School of Medicine, Level 1 (Bldg 881) [See map] (pdf), Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm. For replacement ID cards, see that section below.

New students (including postgraduates) in second and summer semesters

If you are enrolling at other times of the year, you can obtain your Student ID card at the venues and times listed below for Replacement ID cards.

External students/Distance education students

ID cards are mandatory for students studying through distance education. You must take your student ID card when attending examinations.  External students can borrow from the Library online. However, if you wish to borrow from the Library in person you will need an ID Card. If you cannot attend a campus location to obtain an ID Card, complete the External Student ID Card Declaration form, available online, attach a digital passport-style photograph of yourself and email to or download the form and send it with a passport-style photograph of yourself to:

PF Assist
Level 2, Prentice Building
St Lucia Campus
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072.

Replacement cards

Store your card in a safe place. There is a $20 fee for cards which must be replaced because of loss, damage, or because incomplete information has been provided at enrolment. You will need to complete an ID replacement card form, and bring photo/signature identification with you when collecting the replacement card.

  • St Lucia: St. Lucia students can take the completed form to PF Assist, The Prentice Centre, Level 2 Prentice Building (see map). Monday- Friday 8am-5pm.
  • UQ Gatton Student Centre: NW Briton Administration Centre Annexe [See map] Monday-Friday 8.30-4.30pm.
  • Herston: Mayne Medical School Building (881) [See map] (pdf) 
    • If you require an ID card please contact the School of Medicine office to book an appointment (phone 3365-5278). On the day of your appointment, staff from the office will advise where the session will be held.
    • Time: 2-3pm on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month.
    • Cards will be returned to the relevant school office for collection and should be available within three working days. Urgent ID card production is available at the St Lucia Campus.

At UQ Gatton, replacement cards can be produced at the student centres At Herston, replacement cards are administered through the School of Medicine Office.  At Herston , you can complete the form, pay the fee and be issued with the new card in one location. At Gatton, you will need to pay the $20 at the Cashier (adjacent to the Student Centre).  At St Lucia, the Prentice Centre can take payment via EFTPOS.

As an alternative to completing a hardcopy ID card replacement form, you can complete the online form and pay here

Change of name

If you change your name following marriage, divorce or by deed poll, you can be issued with a new ID Card free-of-charge upon approval of the name change. Name change and Fee-waiver applications can be made at a student centre. If you are uncertain whether a new card should be issued free-of-charge, visit your student centre for advice and clarification.

Travel concession

If you are a full-time student enrolled in an Austudy approved program, please access the Queensland Government Transport website for more information on concession fares.  Please note Queensland Transport policy states external students are ineligible for a transport concession even if they are enrolled full-time.

International Student Identification Cards (ISIC)

International Student Identification Cards (ISIC) provide full-time students with access to a wide range of travel and other discounts and concessions within Australia and world-wide. Cards are available from Student Travel Australia (STA).

Please note that you will require proof of current full-time enrolment as part of the eligibility requirement. You can get this from the Student Centre on your campus.

Your application for the ISIC must be made directly to STA.

ID Card Co-ordinator

If you have any concerns or queries about your student ID Card, please email