What is the census date?
It is vital you are aware that your fee liability is your liability for all fees and charges, and is finalised based on your enrolment details recorded at the census date appropriate to you.
- Standards semesters:
- March 31 for Semester 1
- August 31 for Semester 2
- December 18 for Summer semester
- Non-standard teaching periods: A small number of courses are delivered in non-standard teaching periods which have different census dates to standard semesters. Please refer to the teaching periods page for details.
- UQ College: Please refer to the UQ College Academic calendar for details. Students undertaking the Tertiary Preparation Program or the Associate Degree in Business should refer to these dates.
- Research Higher Degree (RHD) students: From 2012, RHD students will be enrolled in research quarters instead of semesters. Please refer to the Graduate School website for research quarter census dates.
Cancellation/Withdrawal after census dates
- Cancellation of courses/withdrawal from candidature after census dates will not reduce your financial liability.
- If withdrawal from a course(s)/candidature after census date was due to exceptional 'special circumstances', a student can apply for re-credit or remission of liability.
- If you withdraw from your program/courses after the census date, you will need to make a special case for a removal of financial liability.
- Please view the 'Charges for, and consequences of, late enrolment, late addition of courses and late fee payment' page for the financial consequences of enrolling after the census date.
For a listing of official University dates relating to students, please refer to the Academic calendar.