Key Objective of the Koala Research Network
"To effectively synthesise the wealth
of knowledge possessed by Australia’s koala researchers, disseminate
this science amongst researchers and their institutions and convey it
to government and the general public in a considered, integrated and understandable
Key activities of the Network are: :
- Setting, promoting and integrating koala research priorities relating
to koala biology, disease, ecology, monitoring programs and conservation
- Facilitating the collection, exchange and storage of data on koala
populations, their health, distribution and abundance.
- Scoping and publishing joint papers on key research issues relating
to koala biology, disease, ecology and conservation.
- Informing policy makers on key koala conservation issues and potential
- Serving on relevant government committees to address koala conservation
- Promoting greater community awareness of koala conservation.
Waterhole - Photo: A. Smith
Wallum Creek - Photo: A. Smith