Who is an international student?
You are an international student if you are:
- a Temporary Resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a Permanent Resident (visa status) of New Zealand
- a Resident or Citizen of any other country.
If you are an international student and your status changes to Permanent Resident (PR) then you will be eligible to apply for enrolment as a domestic fee-paying student.
If your status changes and you apply for enrolment as a domestic fee paying student before the Census date you will receive a refund of the fee difference. If your status changes after the Census date, or you submit your application after the Census date, no refund will be applicable.
Please note that if you are an international student studying Year 12 in Australia or the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) in New Zealand, you must apply online via the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).
You are NOT an international student if you are:
- an Australian citizen (living in Australia or overseas)
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holders of all categories of permanent resident visas, including Humanitarian Visas)
- a New Zealand Citizen.