With 179, 000 graduates in over 100 countries, UQ has proven to continuously provide its Alumni with not only a world-class education, but great friendships and countless career opportunities. UQ is proud of its alumni community and encourages you to remain in touch and share your achievements with us, now and in the coming years. Tell us your story. Read on to learn more about your fellow alumni.
- Mr John Buchannan – Former Australian Cricket Coach
- Dr Nick Earls – famed author
- Sir Llew Edwards, AC – 12th Chancellor of The University of Queensland
- Professor John Pearn– Former Surgeon-General and distinguished doctor
- Professor Lawrie Powell – UQ Alumnus of the Year
- Dr David Theile – Olympic dual gold medallist
Dr Theile won gold medals for the 100-metre backstroke event at the Melbourne Olympic Games in 1956 and the Rome Olympics in 1960, when he also won silver as a member of Australia's first 4x100-metre medley relay team.
He graduated with honours in medicine in 1962. The University named the David Theile Pool after him and awarded him an honorary doctorate in 2001.