Significant projects and awards include:
- NHMRC-funded Centres for Clinical Research Excellence in cardiovascular and metabolic disease, spinal pain, injury and health, asphasia rehabilitation, the primary care/secondary care interface and major projects in cancer prevention and veteran's health.
Queensland Health - Senior Clinical Research Fellowships - Faculty researchers were awarded all three of the inaugural Fellowships.They will be based at Schools and Centres in the Faculty of Health Sciences as well as Queensland Health Hospitals.
- Queensland Health - Health Research Fellowships - Faculty researchers received nine of the 14 Fellowships awarded. These Fellowships allow busy clinicians to quarantine time for research from their busy clinical schedules.
- The Population Health Metrics Research Consortium Project - in collaboration with Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, and the Broad Institute in the United States - receiving $24.7million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ‘Grand Challenges in Global Health’ (GCGH) initiative
- UQ Centre for Clinical Research – a three-way funding partnership between UQ, the Queensland Government and Atlantic Philanthropies provided $66 million to establish this centre
- The Australian Longitudinal Study on Women's Health – currently receiving $1,190,000 over next three years from the federal Department of Health and Aging to continue this population-based survey, which examines the health of over 40,000 Australian women over a 20-year period. It was first funded in 1995
- Centre for Military and Veteran’s Health, established in 2004 - funded through Defence Health and The Department of Veterans' Affairs, unites the academic, research and educational expertise of UQ with the Department of Defence, Department of Veterans' Affairs, the University of Adelaide and the Charles Darwin University
- Medical commercialisation success - the Faculty is a centre of excellence in comercialisation of medical research
- More than $300 million invested recently in new infrastructure providing state-of-the-art facilities.