Faculty Student Administration Team
The Student and Academic Administration team in the Faculty manages processes relating to student and academic administration across the schools, encompassing the student lifecycle from admission, through enrolment, assessment and academic progression to graduation, and the program and curriculum development cycle. We are responsible for developing and delivering training and support, identifying and developing best practice models for student and academic administration processes and providing high level support to staff across the St Lucia, Ipswich and Herston campuses and other locations.
Our key tasks and accountabilities include:
· Provide advice and support to school staff on matters of policy and procedure, and assist with difficult enquiries.
· Manage and support student administration related processes which require consideration and/or approval by the Executive Dean or Associate Dean (Academic).
· Provide leadership and support for the development and implementation of standard operating procedures related to the administration of the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
· Liaise with other faculties, departments and Central Administration regarding matters of policy, and procedures related to student administration.
· Co-ordinate student and DEEWR surveillance processes.
· Develop and manage processes for reviewing and managing the accuracy of information in relevant Faculty and University databases, websites and publications, including program and plan information, course lists, program information book, undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses, FAQs, information sheets etc.
· Develop, implement and deliver a comprehensive student administration training program.
· Provide ongoing training and assistance with the use of SI-net.
· Support program developments by providing advice on rules, policies and procedures.
· Draft, review and update submissions and materials related to program and curriculum development from or on behalf of schools.
· Liaise with academic and administrative staff in schools, other faculties and other organisational units on program and course development related submissions as required.
· Draft new rules and policies and amendments to existing rules and policies as required.
· Create and update program course lists.
· Provide support for CTQA processes.