Benefits of Advanced Primary Health Care Centres
UQ Health Care has the potential to deliver significant value to community health as well as to students, practitioners, researchers and educators.
• Interdisciplinary team care – better patient outcomes through team care is the focus and UQ Health Care centres will provide a range of health professionals committed to working together and with other local practitioners
• Patient focus – patients needs, empowerment and involvement in the management of their health will be central to how services are provided
• Improved local health care – centre practitioners aim to work with and support local health professionals, enhancing local capabilities for the management of complex diseases
• Help improve delivery - patients will contribute to development of new improved models of health care.
• Extra clinical training places - centres will offer new training places for UQ health students at a time when these places are in high demand
• Interdisciplinary training - Students training at UQ Health Care Centres will benefit from involvement in the interdisciplinary model of service delivery, equipping them to become effective members of health care teams.
For Health Professionals:
• Professional and skills development
• Collaboration opportunities
• Research opportunities.