Researchers have begun work on a method to quickly and accurately diagnose superbug infections, thanks to a recent philanthropic donation.
The world is changing. Financial services firm Goldman Sachs predicts that in the near future, China, Brazil and India will become the dominant global suppliers of manufactured goods and services; that Brazil and Russia will lead world production of raw materials; and that India’s economy will surpass the United States’ by 2050.
Pioneering UQ research into a needle-free vaccination system has received a major boost with a $15 million investment.
A vision to more rapidly translate health research into breakthrough medicines was the driving force behind talks held in August between Queensland’s “Smart State” medical research institutes and one of the world’s top medical research universities.
Researchers from the School of Medicine have made an important discovery about how the immune system reacts to rhinoviruses responsible for the common cold.
Red wine and chocolate are part of the working week for UQ researcher Dr Aaron Micallef.
With services for the homeless and web-linked information kiosks for patients, UQ’s super clinics are already showing they are not a standard medical practice.
A major UQ dengue project, sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, has conducted a successful field trial in Cairns.
A generous donation is funding important research into motor neuron disease (MND) at The University of Queensland.
PhD student Caroline Hendry has been able to take leaps and bounds in her kidney stem cell research thanks to a generous donation from Dr Ros Siemon.
In This Section
IN THIS EDITION
- marie hayes: loved her loved the discussion and considering she was in her mid eighties her intelligence was still...
- Thomas Anderson: RIP Chris.
- John Brannock: I recently wrote the following email which is self explanatory: “Dear Professor Høj, I would...
- Dr Mary Tan: Hi Prof Peter Hoj I’m Mary from S’pore, graduated from UniSA. Was glad to read updates...
- Dane: Hello. magnificent job. I did not expect this. This is a excellent story. Thanks!