The Chief Justice of Queensland, The Hon. Paul de Jersey AC, was among the distinguished guests who attended an official welcome for UQ’s new Dean of Law, Professor Gerard Carney, in February.
Landing at a tin-shed airport after a turbulent light aircraft journey is not the usual start to a business trip, but such is the life of a lawyer on the bush court circuit in the Northern Territory.
Generations of UQ law alumni would have to look twice at a newly opened learning space in the iconic Forgan Smith Building.
By Dr Mark Burdon, TC Beirne School of Law
Do you have a question about online privacy? Ask Dr Burdon your question by July 20.
My research primarily involves the complex area of privacy law, particularly in the online environment.
It is a fast-moving area in which the law is in constant competition with rapid technological and social [...]
UQ’s TC Beirne School of Law has celebrated its 75th anniversary with a gala “Town and Gown” debate at Customs House.
The career achievements of two prominent UQ alumni were celebrated during graduation ceremonies in July.
Sitting in on major trials at The Hague in the Netherlands has brought the career goals of law graduate Rebecca Rowling into greater focus.
Barrister and devotee of classics and antiquities, Adrian Heyworth-Smith, was a Bachelor of Arts (honours) and Bachelor of Laws graduate, who enjoyed a long and happy association with his alma mater.
Genevieve Beirne’s graduation from UQ’s TC Beirne School of Law would have pleased her great great uncle.
UQ graduate Tom Gole’s vision to find the best economic and legal responses to the current global challenges has won him a Fellowship to study at Harvard University in the USA.
In This Section
IN THIS EDITION
- marie hayes: loved her loved the discussion and considering she was in her mid eighties her intelligence was still...
- Thomas Anderson: RIP Chris.
- John Brannock: I recently wrote the following email which is self explanatory: “Dear Professor Høj, I would...
- Dr Mary Tan: Hi Prof Peter Hoj I’m Mary from S’pore, graduated from UniSA. Was glad to read updates...
- Dane: Hello. magnificent job. I did not expect this. This is a excellent story. Thanks!