A significant gift from consulting company GHD is literally changing the face of engineering education at The University of Queensland.
Two years ago Patrick Chambers was walking the corridors of the St Lucia campus as an undergraduate engineer. Today, he’s working on one of the University’s biggest construction projects.
Engineering graduate Alan Grummitt said his UQ education helped him get to a position in life where he could afford to give back.
A close-knit group of UQ engineering alumni continue to pay tribute to their alma mater in a unique way.
Alumnus Professor Michael Steer has received a top US military honour for work defusing explosive devices in the Middle East.
Predicting things before they happen has been a common career theme for Dr Daniel Bongers.
Queenslanders now have twice as many reasons to be proud of an iconic Brisbane structure, thanks to engineering graduate Chris Demartini.
As CEO of Engineers Without Borders Australia (EWB), Lizzie Brown coordinates a diverse group of volunteers, all with the common goal of helping disadvantaged communities improve their quality of life.
A background in chemical engineering does not necessarily have to spell a future in oil, gas or mining, UQ alumnus Arthur Kollaras has discovered.
Security concerns about the rise of surveillance technology has inspired a UQ graduate to form an award-winning company.
In This Section
IN THIS EDITION
- marie hayes: loved her loved the discussion and considering she was in her mid eighties her intelligence was still...
- Thomas Anderson: RIP Chris.
- John Brannock: I recently wrote the following email which is self explanatory: “Dear Professor Høj, I would...
- Dr Mary Tan: Hi Prof Peter Hoj I’m Mary from S’pore, graduated from UniSA. Was glad to read updates...
- Dane: Hello. magnificent job. I did not expect this. This is a excellent story. Thanks!