In 1972, the first round of female Bachelor of Applied Science students graduated from the Queensland Agricultural College, which is now University of Queensland Gatton.
Among the attendees will be Anne Chamberlain, who has remained in contact with the UQ Gatton Past Students Association over the years, and attended the Back to College event last year.
Ms Chamberlain spoke fondly of her time studying and living on the campus, and believes the heart of the campus remains the same.
“What I treasure most about my time at Gatton was the friendships I made,” she said.
“From when I was studying there to working in the agricultural industry, being a woman has not held any difficulties for me, and I think that it is a credit to the down-to-earth and genuine nature of the people who work in our industry.”
Ms Chamberlain spent 10 years working for the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries as an animal husbandry officer and now works in rural writing and editing.
She said she was hoping to return to the 2012 Back to College Weekend and catch up with more old friends.
As part of the event, there will also be a reunion of former and current staff over lunch on the Saturday.
While the feature years of the reunion are 1952, 1962, 1972, 1982, 1992 and 2002, other year groups are also welcome.
In This Section
IN THIS EDITION
- marie hayes: loved her loved the discussion and considering she was in her mid eighties her intelligence was still...
- Thomas Anderson: RIP Chris.
- John Brannock: I recently wrote the following email which is self explanatory: “Dear Professor Høj, I would...
- Dr Mary Tan: Hi Prof Peter Hoj I’m Mary from S’pore, graduated from UniSA. Was glad to read updates...
- Dane: Hello. magnificent job. I did not expect this. This is a excellent story. Thanks!