Next generation oral health
The University of Queensland has commenced construction on Australia’s most advanced oral health facility to be located at the Herston campus.
Lend Lease is managing the $120 million Oral Health Centre (OHC) project, which will incorporate dental clinics and research laboratories, state-of-the-art teaching and learning spaces and office space across seven levels.
The OHC will feature general and specialist dentistry clinics, advanced medical imaging facilities and operating theatres. It will also include a special needs unit operated by Queensland Health for dental treatment of medically compromised patients.
Head of the School of Dentistry, Professor Laurence Walsh, said UQ was delighted to have a highly experienced team of architects and contractors overseeing the project.
“Through their efforts we are now bringing to reality ideas which have been formulating for two decades. This world-class facility will allow the school to grow its teaching and research programs and clinical patient care activities over the coming years,” Professor Walsh said.
Managing Director of Lend Lease’s project management and construction business in Australia, Murray Coleman, said the OHC would set a new benchmark for oral health facilities in Australia.
“We are excited to be involved in this project and look forward to working with The University of Queensland to improve its health care precinct and the oral health services available to the community,” Mr Coleman said.
“This facility will set new standards in modern building design, creating a positive legacy for future generations.”
The OHC will be located on Bramston Terrace at Herston, adjacent to the Mayne Medical School building, with completion scheduled for late 2012.
In This Section
IN THIS EDITION
- marie hayes: loved her loved the discussion and considering she was in her mid eighties her intelligence was still...
- Thomas Anderson: RIP Chris.
- John Brannock: I recently wrote the following email which is self explanatory: “Dear Professor Høj, I would...
- Dr Mary Tan: Hi Prof Peter Hoj I’m Mary from S’pore, graduated from UniSA. Was glad to read updates...
- Dane: Hello. magnificent job. I did not expect this. This is a excellent story. Thanks!