UQ’s Staff Giving Program offers staff the opportunity to support any area within The University of Queensland.

What can you support through the Staff Giving Program?

You are welcome to support any existing program of your choice. You can choose to support student scholarships, a particular school, centre or institute, or one of the many areas of world class research which are underway at UQ. To find out more, please visit www.uq.edu.au/giving.

How do you make a gift as a UQ staff member?

There are many ways to support UQ. You can:

• Give by payroll deduction – the most convenient way for most UQ staff to donate

• Donate online

• Make a donation by phone

What are the benefits of giving through payroll deductions?

A payroll deduction enables you to donate money directly through your pay and receive an immediate tax benefit as you give.

By spreading your donations through fortnightly pay deductions over the year, you can ease the financial burden of making a larger one-off donation. There is no requirement for you to collect and track receipts for tax time, as a summary of your payroll deduction donations will be included on your PAYG Summary issued in July each year, for inclusion in your tax return.

How do you set up a payroll deduction?

To participate in Staff Giving via payroll deduction, academic and general staff members must be employed on a continuing or fixed term appointment.

To register, simply complete the Staff Giving Payroll Deduction Form, which you can download here.

Please email your completed and signed form to UQ Advancement at donations@uq.edu.au

Can you change a payroll deduction?

Yes, you can change or cancel your payroll deduction. To change a gift amount or destination, please sign and complete a new Staff Giving Payroll Deduction Form and email: donations@uq.edu.au

If you have questions about any aspect of UQ’s Staff Giving program, please contact the UQ Advancement team on +61 7 3346 3900 or email: staff.giving@uq.edu.au

Taxation information is provided as general guidance only. Should you require further assistance, it is recommended that you seek independent personal taxation or financial advice, or visit www.ato.gov.au for further information.