Back to Help Guides ↑
UQ Events is for use by staff and students to promote their events around the University. It will not carry paid advertising. We reserve the right to edit material that is not presented in an appropriate form. By submitting your event you agree that if the event changes or is cancelled you must notify the event administrater. Events which fall outside the criteria for listing or which are incomplete/inaccurate will not be listed.
Who can add events?
You must be a UQ staff member or student to add an event.
The best way to ensure that your event appears correctly in UQ Events is to sign into My UQ Events system, go to the Add Event form, and complete all the required fields correctly. It is important that you select your organisational unit in the contacts section. All events submitted are moderated by our Event Administrator.
How to add events?
My UQ Events is a system where UQ staff and students can use to submit events for approval.
- The Add Event link on the black menu bar will send you to the My UQ Events website.
- The add event button can be found on View Calendar page. Click on this to My UQ Events website where you can submit events.
My UQ Events
Sign in to My UQ Events using your UQ username and password. Once you have signed in, you will see the main dashboard and options to add new events, request changes to events and the removal of events.
- Dashboard Metrics: Shows you the latest stats for UQ Events website.
- Dashboard Events Count: Shows you the number of submitted events by all users.
- A list of all your submitted events. From here you can add new events and also request changes and removal of events.
- Show you the number of people liking this event.
- Weather widget showing the latest Brisbane weather. The latest featured events for the month.
How to submit an event?
There are 3 sections to the form. You have to complete the Primary Information, Event Information and Contact Information sections.
- Primary Information: Title should be short and descriptive. Select event category(s) most suitable for the event. Add in a date and also the end date if the event goes for a few days. Tell us the time of the event, either all day or select a time range.
- Event Information: Enter more details about the event in the Description box. Does the event has a website? Put this in the Event Website box. Also do put in a Room name/number, and choose a UQ location for the event. If the event is external to UQ, tell us where it is on the Other Location box.
- Contact Information: We need to know who you are. Check that the contact information is correct and put in your Organisation Unit.
- Submit: Check what you have put in and submit your request. Or cancel submission to return to the dashboard.
Terms of Agreement
BY SUBMITTING YOUR EVENT YOU AGREE THAT IF THE EVENT CHANGES OR IS CANCELLED YOU MUST NOTIFY THE EVENT ADMINISTRATOR. EVENTS WHICH FALL OUTSIDE THE CRITERIA FOR LISTING OR WHICH ARE INCOMPLETE/INACCURATE WILL NOT BE LISTED.