The University of Queensland is committed to providing appropriate, tailored programs for staff development.
Workplace Diversity and Inclusion, Human Resources Division oversees a number of training programs for UQ staff members to improve their knowledge and skill base around equity and diversity matters.
Workplace Diversity and Inclusion also recommends a number of staff development programs that aim to build a more informed staff community in relation to equity and diversity related fields.
These programs include:
- Managing Unconscious Bias Workshop.
- Staff Disability Inclusion Workshop.
- Supporting Students with Disability.
- Discrimination and Harassment Contact Officer Training.
- Discrimination and Harassment Contact Officer and Supervisor Refresher Training.
- Career Advancement for Professional Women.
- UQ Ally Training Workshop.
- UQ Ally Network Meetings.
- EO Online.
- Staff Management for Professional Senior Staff.
- Mental Health First Aid.
- Skills for Suicide Prevention.
- Ethics Awareness Workshop
For more information about staff development programs, please see the UQ Staff Development page.
Career development opportunities and programs are also offered through external agencies such as:
- Association for Tertiary Education Management.
- LH Martin Institute.
- Fellowships Funds Inc. of Graduate Women Queensland.