Website of the Week
Have Fun Teaching - full of resources, templates and more http://havefunteaching.com/
Best Education Websites http://www.bestedsites.com/
Education books from Sense Publishers now online via Springer. Thanks to Pam for this one! Browse Education eBooks from Sense Publishers
4th annual Social Inclusion in Education conference, 27-28 September in Melbourne http://www.informa.com.au/conferences/education/social-inclusion-in-education-conference
‘Academic publishing: The essential checklist for ebook authors’ – article from the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/higher-education-network/blog/2012/jun/14/features-of-a-quality-ebook?CMP
- Microsoft Office Templates http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010144349.aspx?tl=2#ai:TC101887895| This website provides many different types of charts that can be used with Microsoft Word. They might be useful for your students.
- Internationalisation of the Curriculum website - has lots of PowerPoints, etc. http://www.ioc.net.au
- Edutopia - http://www.edutopia.org/index.php Ideas and resources for education.
- Bibliomania - http://www.bibliomania.com Free online literature with more than 2000 classic texts.
- Evernote - http://www.evernote.com Store, capture, organise and retrieve foles, images etc.
- Creating rubrics/criteria sheets using templates - http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php
- PressDisplay - http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx Top newspaper stories from around the world.
- LAMS - http://www.lamsinternational.com/ This is a tool for designing, managing and delivering online collaborative learning objects.
- Oxford Education Hub - Online resources for pre-service teachers. www.oup.com.au/oeh
- How stuff works? http://www.howstuffworks.com A website that provides resources that explain how things work.
- EdITLib databas via UQ Library - http://library.uq.edu.au/record=e1001871~S7
- Oxford Education Innovation Awards - http://www.oup.com.au/higher_education/education/education_innovation_award
- Useful online tools that academics should know - http://www.gpem.uq.edu.au/useful-online-tools
- The Global Mail - www.theglobalmail.org/
- Education Views - http://education.qld.gov.au/projects/educationviews/
- Australian Teacher Education Association - Conference 1-4 July
- ACARA report on Civics and Citizenship, Years 6 and 10
- Global Education - Including a global perspective in your classroom.
- What Americans Keep Ignoring About Finland's School Success - An article
- http://www.economist.com/node/17723223?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fmp%2Fthedisposableacademic - An article from The Economist. Doctoral Degrees: The disposable academic.
- http://www.ilivid.com - Free download manager. Lets you download videos from YouTube. Quick, easy and very handy.
- Queen's University Belfast Newsletter - See what they are up to at the Queen's School of Education.
- Google Scholar Citation Tool - This tool allows you to check who is citing your publications, graph citations over time, and compute several citation metrics. You can also make your profile public, so that it may appear in Google Scholar results when people search your name.
- Lego - for use with students.
- Survey Monkey - The basic plan is free and this enables you to create simple online surveys.
- http://studentmathmovies.wikispaces.com Student made math movies. This is a wiki where students in the class have made various maths movies to explain mathematical concepts.
- Assessment policy: A time to reassess? A short story Presentation - A/Prof Julie Duck & Prof Susan Hamilton 2008 ALTC Priority Project. More information about the project
- http://www.uq.edu.au/sbs/publishingworkshop2011 Publishing Workshop - Recordings from Prof Matthew Horney's workshop on 6th October.tion that learners work with
- http://webquest.org/index.php - A webquest is an inquiry-oriented lesson format in which most or all the information that learners work with comes from the web.
- http://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com/ Cool Tools for Schools - Amazing collection of web resources, grouped into sections.
- http://www.4teachers.org/ - 4 Teachers. This website has ideas and resources for teachers – great for sharing with your students.
- Flickr - Online photo storage and sharing website.
- New York Public Library - Lose yourself in this vast collection of rare prints, manuscripts, vintage maps and other artifacts from the New York Public Library.
- Katharine Birblsingh's website - including her blog.
PhotoShop Editor - A free, online editor that allow simple photo manipulation by Pixlr.
PhotoFunia - Superimpose yourself on the cover of a Vogue magazine or in an Andy Warhol painting. There are many images to select from.
Doodle - This is an event scheduler to identify availability of multiple participants.
Learning Science - A free open learning community for sharing newer and emerging tools to teach science.
- Renewing Rural & Regional Teacher Education Curriculum - Designed for teacher educators. Resources to prepare future graduates for teaching in rural/regional communities.
- Incredibox - This engaging site shows students how to use simple sounds to form a composition.
- Teaching Resources - This website has numerous links to various helpful websites for Maths. The menu bar down the left hand side has links to Chemistry, Physics and other areas.
- Animoto for Education - This site can be used to create digital stories and presentations. Another great site for this is www.prezi.com.
- Practicum Resources - This website is created by librarians who work at the Queensland Universities. They keep this website very current and it is useful for students and staff to access links in curriculum areas. Anyone can add to this website.
- VoiceThread - This website allows you to use various types of media to create an interactive slideshow. It allows you to engage, collaborate and connect students.
- Wordle - This site generates 'word clouds' from text that you provide.
- EdNA - An oldie but a goodie. This is an online network for educators and has a great searchable database that is well worth using.
- LiveBinders - This site allows you to create a 3 ring binder that you can put almost anything into – virtually of course. For example, webpage, PDF, document, video etc.
- Apple Education Apps - With mobile learning becoming more common this website highlights some of the latest Education apps for the iPhone.
- Puzzlemaker - You will be able to create puzzles for your students or show them how they can make them for when they are teaching. You can customise word searches, cross word puzzles, maths puzzles etc.
- Make Comics - This website will help you or your students create some fantastic comics. This website can have a range of applications.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing - This website is helpfull if your students are teaching grammar.
- Hot Potatoes - This website allows you (or your students) to create online games and quizzes etc.
- Learning Planet - Great website for students to know about when they are teaching.
- Sue LeBeau’s website - This is a fantastic website with links to a large number of other websites, making it easy to find sites that can assist you in your teaching.
- Wallwisher - Wallwisher is a new way to communicate as it uses online stickies. Try it with your classes – students love it.
- Cool Cat Teacher Blog - Kept by a teacher who likes to teach students with new tools and enthusiasm. Website suggestion by Dr Caroline Steele.