|Professor/ARC Professorial Fellow|
Professor Prasada Rao
Phone: +61 7 336 56424
Fax: +61 7 336 57299
Location: 540 [Colin Clark building]
Qualifications: M.A (Economics), Andhra University, India. PhD (Econometrics) Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India)
- Index Number methods for spatial and temporal comparisons.
- Measurement of Efficiency and Productivity.
- Purchasing Power Parities – methods for compilation.
- “Economic Insecurity in Australia: Who is feeling the Pinch and How?”, Economic Record, 10/2014; DOI: 10.1111/1475- 4932.12141.2014 (jointly with Rohde, Tang and Osberg),
- Global Inequality; Levels and Trends, 1993–2005: How Sensitive are These to the Choice of PPPs and Real Income Measures?, Review of Income and Wealth, Vol. 60, Issue Supplement 2, pp. S281–S304, 2014 (jointly with Warner, Griffiths and Chotikapanich)
- “Measuring Health Inequality with Realization of Conditional Potential Life Years (RCPLY)”, Social Indicators Research, 10/2014; DOI: 10.1111/1475- 4932.12141. 2014, (jointly with Petrie and Tang)
- “Distributional Characteristics of Income Insecurity in the US, Germany and Britain”, Review of Income and Wealth, Vol. 60, Issue Supplement S1, pages S159–S176, May 2014 (jointly with Rohde and Tang)
- Chotikapanich, D., William E. Griffiths, Wasana Karunaratne and D.S. Prasada Rao, (2013), “Calculating Poverty Measures from the Generalized Beta Income Distribution”, Economic Record, Vol. 89, S1, pp. 48-66.