Professor Prasada Rao
Phone: +61 7 336 56424
Fax: +61 7 336 57299
Location: 540 [Colin Clark building]
Qualifications: M.A (Economics), Andhra University, India. PhD (Econometrics) Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India)
- Index Number methods for spatial and temporal comparisons.
- Measurement of Efficiency and Productivity.
- Purchasing Power Parities – methods for compilation.
- Global Inequality; Levels and Trends, 1993–2005: How Sensitive are These to the Choice of PPPs and Real Income Measures?, Review of Income and Wealth, Vol. 60, Issue Supplement 2, pp. S281–S304, 2014 (jointly with Warner, Griffiths and Chotikapanich)
- Feenstra, Robert C., Hong Ma, J. Peter Neary and D.S. Prasada Rao, (2013) “Who Shrunk China” Puzzles in Measurement of Real GDP”, Economic Journal, Vol. 123, Issue 573, pp. 110-1129.
- "Inference for Income Distributions Using Grouped Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 563-575, May, 2012 (jointly with Hajargasht, Griffiths, Brice and Chotikapanich)
- "Global Income Distributions and Inequality, 1993 and 2000: Incorporating Country-Level Inequality Modeled with Beta Distributions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 52-73, February, 2012 (jointly with Chotikapanich, Griffiths and Valencia)