|Professor/ARC Professorial Fellow|
Professor Prasada Rao
Phone: +61 7 336 56424
Fax: +61 7 336 57299
Location: 540 [colin clark building]
Qualifications: M.A (Economics), Andhra University, India. PhD (Econometrics) Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India)
- Index Number methods for spatial and temporal comparisons.
- Measurement of Efficiency and Productivity.
- Purchasing Power Parities – methods for compilation.
- “Global Income Distributions and Inequality, 1993 and 2000: Incorporating country-Level Inequality Modelled with Beta Distributions”, Review of Economics and Statistics (available online 7 October, 2010). (jointly with D. Chotikapanich, Bill Griffiths and Vicar Valencia),
- “Australian Private Health Insurance Productivity Growth: Is There Scope to Limit Premium Increases?“, Economic Record (accepted for publication 20/8/2010) (Jointly with Roger Carrington and Tim Coelli),
- “Explaining agricultural productivity growth: an international perspective”, Agricultural Economics, Vol. 41, 1, pp. 1-14, 2010 (jointly with Derek Headey and Mohammad Alauddin)
- “ Extrapolation of Purchasing Power Parities using Multiple Benchmarks and Auxiliary Information: A New Approach”, Review of Income and Wealth, Special Issue. Series 56, Special Issue 1, June, 2010, pp. S59-S98. (jointly with Alicia Rambaldi and Howard Doran)
- “ Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers for Multilateral Price Comparisons and their Standard Errors”, Review of Income and Wealth, Series 56, Special Issue 1, June, 2010, pp. S32-S58. (jointly with Gholamreza Hajargasht)