Date created: 28 November 1996
Last modified: 18 November 1997
Maintained by: John Quiggin
Newspaper articles by John Quiggin published in 1994 and earlier
- Fightback without the Food TaxAustralian Financial Review, 12 December, 1992.
- The case for a jobs levy instead of following the USAustralian Financial Review, Dec 15, 1993.
- Don't put all our eggs in the micro-reform basketThe Australian, Jan, 1994.
- Sacrifices needed to beat the jobs crisisCanberra Times, Jan 4, 1994.
- $6.5 bn sum as illusory as commitment to jobsAustralian Financial Review, May 6 , 1994.
- Why the number is up for the budget deficitAustralian Financial Review, May 10, 1994.
- Community services the key to more jobs, The Canberra Times, Jun 14, 1994.
- A fresh vision of our assets will be of greater serviceAustralian Financial Review, 15 Jun, 1994.
- Tariff misunderstandingsAustralian Financial Review, 22 Jun, 1994.
- Will rational bubbles fall on the infallible markets ?', Australian Financial Review, 24 Jun , 1994.
- Time to revitalise the public sectorThe Canberra Times, Jul 6, 1994.
- Be wary of the micro dynamic gains thesisAustralian Financial Review, Jul 8, 1994.
- High unemployment here to stay, Australian Financial Review, 11 Jul, 1994.
- Slaves to the bond marketsAustralian Financial Review, 25 Jul, 1994.
- Why selling assets will not payAustralian Financial Review, Aug 29, 1994.
- NZ shows labour reform may not be so idealAustralian Financial Review, Sep 22 , 1994.
- Airport sale will see fares climbThe Australian, Sep 28 , 1994.
- Policy assumptions causing health woes,The Canberra Times, 28 September, 1994.
- Real benefits of privatisation not so rosyThe Canberra Times, Oct 3, 1994.
- Unemployment solution only modestly taxingThe Australian, Oct 13, 1994.
- Increase taxes and kill off the last sacred cowAustralian Financial Review, Nov 1, 1994.
- Expanding knowledge clarifies contracting outAustralian Financial Review, Nov 18, 1994.
- Public pays price for private infrastructureThe Age, Nov 22 , 1994.
- Military's role of 'projecting influence'not worth the costThe Australian, Nov 29, 1994.
- Taxing ingenuity of economic thinkersAustralian Financial Review, Dec 9 , 1994.
- Tax increases to fund employment growthSydney Morning Herald, 5 Dec, 1994.
- Fahey may pay for tax cuts, Sydney Morning Herald, 5 Dec, 1994.
- Taxation: the reforms a strong prime minister would imposeThe Australian, Dec 27, 1994.
Go forward to newspaper articles from 1995
Go back to John Quiggin's home page
Go to John Quiggin's Weblog