Date created: 17/11/08 5:10 AM
Last modified: 17/11/08 5:10 AM
Maintained by: John Quiggin
Submissions by John Quiggin
- Submission, to Victorian Parliament Public Accounts and Estimates Committee Inquiry into Private Sector Investment in Public Infrastructure, 2002
- Resolving the University crisis, Submission to the inquiry of the Senate Employment, Workplace Relations, Small Business and Education Committee into the capacity of public universities to meet Australia's higher education needs, 2001.
- Feasibility and Consequences of a ban on Internet gambling , Submission to Senate and National Office of the Information Economy Inquiries, August 2000.
- Telstra: structure, ownership and service,Submission to Committee of Inquiry into Telstra Service Standards, 2000
- Defence policy: One clear objective,Submission to Defence Review 2000
- Submission to Productivity Commission Inquiry into Gambling, 1999
- Socioeconomic consequences of National Competition Policy, Submission to Productivity Commission Inquiry, 1998.
- Equity and efficiency effects of food taxes, Submission to Senate Committee of Inquiry into a New Tax System, 1998.
- Options for privatisation of the HEC: An economic assessmentPublic Accounts Committee Parliament of Tasmania, August 1998
- The proposed privatisation of Telstra: an assessmentSubmission to Senate Environment, Recreation, Communications and the Arts Legislation Committee May 1998
- The Hilmer process and regulation of the legal profession: Information paper provided to the Standing Committee on Law and Justice, Parliament of New South Wales, April 1997
- Submission to Senate Economics Legislation Committee Inquiry into Productivity Commission Bill 1997
- Submission to House of Representatives Inquiry into Federal Road Funding, 1997
- Paper prepared for the Urban Local Government Association of Queensland, 1996
- Implementation of competition policy in local government
- The environmental trust fund and sustainable environmental spending: Submission to Senate Environment, Recreation, Communications and the Arts Reference Committe inquiry into the Natural Heritage of Australia Trust Fund Bill 1996
- The partial privatisation of Telstra:supplementary submission to Senate Environment, Recreation, Communications and the Arts Reference Committe inquiry into the Telstra (Dilution of Public Ownership) Bill 1996
- The partial privatisation of Telstra: an assessment:Submission to Senate Environment, Recreation, Communications and the Arts Reference Committe inquiry into the Telstra (Dilution of Public Ownership) Bill 1996
- Notes on competition policySubmission to ACT Legislative Assembly, Jan 1996
- Competition and Communications: Some notes on reform options for Australia Post,Presentation to House of Representatives Standing Committee on Transport and Communications, October 1995
- Submission to Industry Commission Inquiry into contracting out in the public sector, June 1995
- Whole-of-Government Accounting and Public Sector Net WorthSubmission to Joint Committee on Public Accounts, 1995
- Employment and unemployment in Australia - A long-term perspective:Submission to the House of Representatives standing committee on long-term strategies, 1995 Speech presented to the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia on the occasion of its award to me of its Annual Medal, November 1993
- Socially useful employment
- Urban Transport Draft Report - Comments:Submission to Industry Commission inquiry into Urban Transport 1993
- External costs of private vehicles - Harm to other road users:Submission to Industry Commission inquiry into Urban Transport 1993
- The Industry Commission approach to public sector reformEvatt Foundation, 1993
- Fightback, One nation and people with disabilitiesReport to Disabled People International, 1993