Career progress and appraisal for academic staff
An annual Memorandum from the Provost provides an overview of academic annual review and its associated processes. Academic staff are required to complete a Form A - Academic Portfolio of Achievement covering teaching and student supervision, scholarship of teaching and learning, research and creative work and service and engagement according to the Application Submission Timetable.
Coupled with the Form B - Achievements and Objectives, this forms the basis for annual reviews with the academic supervisor. The Head or academic supervisor discusses the staff member's achievements over the previous period and his or her targets/plans for the next year and provides recommendations on the processes listed in the “In this section” menu below (relevant guidelines, procedures, policies and forms may be accessed through this menu).
The Academic Orientation website provides a range of resources for academic staff, including videos, a handbook and useful links.
Career Progress and Appraisal Forms
(click on the “In this section” links below to access policies, guidelines, procedures and forms)
Staff Member forms:
- Form A - Academic Portfolio of Achievement (Online Version - can import records from central data systems)
- Form A - Academic Portfolio of Achievement (Word Version)
- Form B - Achievements and Objectives
- Form C - Appraisal Summary Report and Record of Assessment
- Form D - Assessment and Recommendation for Continuing Appointment and Promotion
- Form E - Nomination of Referees for Continuing Appointment and Promotion
- Form F - Change of Academic Category
- Special Studies Program Forms
|Career progress and appraisal for academic staff section|