Staff development options
As a staff member, the starting point for your capability development is the ongoing process of self-reflection and seeking feedback, including regular conversations about your work with your supervisor.
This ongoing process is supported by the annual performance appraisal:
- Recognition and Development process (including performance appraisal) for professional staff
- Appraisal process for academic staff
Planning your development
Staff Development Program
An extensive offering of fully-funded courses for UQ Staff, in the areas of:
- Finance, IT & Administration
- Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- OHS & Sustainability
Other UQ development options
For all staff
For academic staff
- Career Progression for Women program (Level C - D)
- Career Advancement for Senior Academic Women program (Level D - E)
- Early-Career Academic Development program
- University of Queensland Professionals Network (UQPN)
- School and Operations Managers' Forum - contact Jennifer Witheriff, Organisational Development
- UQ Matrix: Linking Senior Professionals (HEW 9, 10 and above) - contact Tamma Sorbello, Organisational Development
For senior staff
Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program assists successful senior academics and professional staff managers (Academic Staff at Level C or above or Professional staff at HEW 8 or above) to further their management and leadership development by completing a Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership. Members of the VC Executive, Executive Deans, Directors of Insitutes, University Centres and Division, and Heads of Schools are asked to nominate staff members who would benefit from this program.
The program is currently under review. Further information will be available via the program website. If you have any questions or would like to be notified of any updates, please email Tamma Sorbello, Organisational Development Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the development activities available to you or you'd like some help putting together a plan, contact the Organisational Development team.
|Staff development options section|