Career Progression for Women Program
This program is designed for academic women at Level C who are actively pursuing career development within UQ. It provides you with the opportunity for both personal and professional growth and helps you to clarify and pursue your career goals in an academic environment. The University Staff Development Committee sponsors the program.
After completing the Career Progression for Women program, you will have:
- increased your awareness of your leadership strengths and development needs
- implemented a development plan to move from being a leading academic to an academic leader
- gained a better understanding of the academic promotion process
- enhanced your negotiation and networking skills and built a stronger network.
The program comprises three condensed modules spread over an 8 month period.
Development activities include:
- Interactive workshops
- Expert panels
- Group discussions
- Experiential skill development
- Self-assessment inventories
- 360-degree feedback process
- Feedback on your academic portfolio
- Readings and reflection
- Peer coaching.
Applications are open for the 2016 Program and close on the 14 March 2016. For more information contact Jen Witheriff 336 52404.
Organisational Development team, Human Resources.