Sustainable Palm Oil Production Symposium
|You are invited to attend the palm oil symposium|
'Sustainable Palm Oil Production: A Scientific Perspective'
Please join us for a discussion of the palm oil industry, with a focus on:
The current science and sustainability of palm oil production, particularly in Malaysia
Sustainability challenges faced by the palm oil industry
Showcase UQ strengths and expertise as a collaborative partner in sustainability.
The symposium will be attended by major Malaysian palm oil industry members, including Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) and Sime Darby, as well as leading researchers in the fields of food security, sustainable agriculture, biodiversity and biotechnology.
|When:||Thursday 18 February 2016|
|Time:||8:30am - 4:30pm (lunch and morning tea provided), canapes and refreshments from 4:30pm at Saint Lucy Caffé (Tennis Courts)|
|Where:||Room 132, Sir Llew Edwards Building|
|RSVP:||By Monday 15 February|
|Register online:||REGISTER NOW|
For further information contact Dr Francois Visser, firstname.lastname@example.org
Symposium speakers include (brief biographies):
- Kevin O'Grady—Director and Principal Consultant, Pinnacle Quality
- Dr Kalyana Sundram—Deputy Chief Excutive Officer Malaysian Palm Oil Council
- Professor Peer Schenk—UQ School of Agriculture and Food Science
- Professor André Drenth—Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation
- Associate Professor Kim Bryceson—UQ Faculty of Science
- Professor Ian Godwin—UQ Faculty of Science