SAFS Postgraduate Student Association
The SAFS Postgraduate Association aims to enhance the student experience for all postgraduate research students in the school through organising social activities, student support initiatives, and professional development opportunities. It provides a forum for postgraduate students to meet and discuss ideas, raise issues, and organise activities together. It is organised and run by students and for students to have fun, learn from each other, and make the most of our time here at SAFS and UQ.
Who is involved?
Activities and initiatives
Some of the types of activities that we organise include:
- Lunches, potlucks and afternoon teas
- Social sport events
- Practice seminars (e.g. for students preparing milestone seminars)
- Opportunities for students from across the school to better get to know each other
- Meeting new people, having a break from studies and having fun!
- Contributing to the social life of postgraduates and the school
- Making new contacts and networking
- Professional development and building skills that benefit both your current studies and future employment opportunities
- Contributing to student support and having a voice in postgraduate student representation
SAFS RHD Committee St Lucia rep – Crystal Concepcion (Room N312 Hartley Teakle Building, Ph: 3365 5812)
SAFS RHD Committee Gatton rep – Connor Ferguson (Room 217B NRSM 8117A Building, Ph: -)
SAFS RHD OH&S rep – Andrew Jones (Room 332 John Hines Building, Ph: 335 2859)
- UQ Graduate School information for current students
- Useful Links for Researchers
- UQ Association of Postgraduate Students
- UQ Student Services