|Agribusiness students using the Regional Collaborative Teaching and Learning Centre|
The extensive discipline areas in the School of Agriculture and Food Sciences are suitably accommodated in specialist facilities at Gatton and St Lucia.
The Gatton Farms team won a UQ award for Service in 2015. This award recognises and celebrates individuals and teams that have made an outstanding and significant contribution to delivering excellence in service to students, staff and/or the wider community.
Our students have access to world class teaching facilities such as the Regional Collaborative Teaching and Learning Centre and the Gatton Enhanced Learning Lab.
Other teaching and research facilities at Gatton include:
- 1,000 hectare fully serviced farm
- Research greenhouses
- Nursery and tissue culture facilities
- General and specialist research laboratories
- Chemical storage and analysis facilities
- Wind Tunnel for spray drift research
- Rain-out shelters for cropping research
- Queensland Animal Science Precinct
- Native Wildlife Teaching and Research Facility
- Specialist facilities for Equine and Poultry research
Similar high quality facilities exist at St Lucia. Plant, soils and food research is supported in specialist laboratories including certified PC2 and quarantine laboratories. Other services and facilities include:
- Research glasshouses
- Analytical services laboratories
- Plant genetics and molecular laboratories
- Food microbiology and chemistry laboratories
- Food technology and sensory laboratories
- Undergraduate teaching laboratories
- Graduate School rooms for RHD students
Students in agribusiness, systems thinking and rural management are accommodated on both campuses in general purpose teaching spaces, lecture theatres and postgraduate offices.