Alumni & Friends
As UQ alumnus, you are one of a powerful community of 195,000 around the world. What is now known as The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences has existed under many guises over its rich and diverse history.
You may have known it better during your time at UQ as one of the following:
- Department of Agriculture
- School of Land and Food
- School of Land and Food Sciences
- School of Land, Crop and Food Sciences
- School of Integrative Systems
- School of Natural and Rural Systems Management
- School of Natural Resources and Management Systems
- School of Agriculture and Horticulture
- School of Agronomy and Horticulture
- School of Veterinary Science and Animal Production
- School of Animal Studies
As a School we are committed to staying in touch with our graduates and providing you with value long past your graduation. We want to provide you with relevant ways for you to be involved with both the School and the University.
Being a member of the UQ alumni community is all about making friends and contacts, building your career, and remaining connected to the University. From alumni programs and special events to career assistance, reunions and alumni networks, keep in touch with us and take advantage of the great benefits of being part of the UQ alumni community.
If you were a student or past or present staff member at the Gatton Campus during your time with us, you may also be interested in joining the Gatton Past Students Association. This association holds regular reunions and events.
Are you interested in engaging with current SAFS students? As you may remember from your time at UQ, our academics invite guests to give lectures to our students. These lectures can be about specific fields of study, exciting research you’ve been working on or providing career guidance to current students. Contact the school to register your interest.
Donations, Endowments and Bequests
Strengthening the University's position further to respond to the challenges of the 21st century requires ongoing and innovative partnerships with alumni and stakeholders to build support and advocacy for the University's mission.
The generous philanthropy of our alumni and community, whether through advocacy, service or financial contributions, provides invaluable support to the University and its goals of helping solve local and global issues of scale and impact to diverse people, groups and communities.
Some of the ways in which funding has been used include:
- Providing scholarships to high-achieving students
- Providing scholarships to students who otherwise would not have been able to undertake their studies
- Enabling our researchers to undertake revolutionary research that provides solutions to major global issues
- Providing state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities to ensure out students receive the best possible education
For more information please view the Giving to UQ page.
If you would like to further discuss making a contribution specifically to the School of Agriculture and Food Sciences for scholarships, research or other initiatives please contact:
Senior Engagement Officer – Alumni and External Relations
Faculty of Science
The University of Queensland
T: (61-7) 3365 4547