UQ Mission Statement
The University of Queensland (UQ), through the UQ Advantage, creates a learning and research environment for our students, staff and alumni which rewards excellence and innovation and promotes engagement with local, national and international communities.
The UQ Advantage provides our students with opportunities, choices and support that will enable them to realise their individual aspirations, to become leaders in their chosen fields and to positively impact on the society in which they live. The UQ Advantage is:
- a wide range of exceptional, flexible study programs, which are recognised by industry and best prepare students for their future success;
- teaching and learning programs that are underpinned by cutting-edge research, giving our students access to the latest discoveries and ensuring that their studies are relevant in our rapidly changing world;
- choices between different pathways to qualification;
- opportunities for enriched learning experiences including study overseas, concurrent diplomas and summer research scholarships;
- access to world leaders and industry partners;
- a vibrant campus experience;
- state-of-the-art facilities and technology; and
- a meeting of the best minds in the staff, student and alumni communities.