|Students working in a computer lab|
Staff and students enjoy a wide range of computing services, some of which are available to the wider community.
State-of-the-art computing supports teaching, learning and research activities. More than 500 personal computers are available for student use in the University's branch libraries and faculty, school and departmental computer laboratories.
- Information Technology Services (ITS) provide most of the University's computing services, including:
- access to the AARnet mirror site
- high performance computing
- Internet access for students, staff, and the community
- network support services
- personal Web page support
- UQ security services and national computer security services
- workstation and server support
- software and systems training for staff and students
- Ask I.T. offers free computing help and training for UQ students.
- Corporate Web Services (Office of Marketing and Communications) provide web design and development services.
- ITS and The Teaching and Educational Development Institute (TEDI) also provide web design, as well as multimedia services. TEDI can also assist with the pedagogical aspects of online course development.